Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Occupation Of Toc Members

kangzy

I flew to Singapore via Qatar & back not long ago with Qatar, it's no word of a lie to say I was extremely impressed with the whole experience

Qatar Airways is an excellent Airline to work for...

I was referring to the drama in the Airport.......

Things that are going on....

Just the other day I had a passenger (poor guy) was travelling on an expired passport (expired 5 years ago), when I told him he couldnt travel he went into a FIT !!! ( a real Fit!) he collapsed, was scary, he ended up going to hospital, anyway the story goes he came into the country 5 years ago, his UK visa finished he went illegal and stayed working illegally for all those years, he just wanted to go back home and was scared.. he just bought a ticket and tried his luck....

he had earned nothing, working in some take away and was treated like s**t.

When I spoke to our Local Immigration Authorities, all they said was they were not bothered as long he is leaving..... :unsure:

He ended up going into Hospital for 2 days... i got clearance for him from his country and he went 2 days later......

vac6_tn.gif

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kev Mc

• Mr KE70

• Phoenix999

• Flynn2

lol a typical day in the airport. you got any jobs goin with qatar? lol

At the moment.. non im afraid.. :D

Not with oil at $140+ a barrel. All the airlines are squeaking

Not with oil at $140+ a barrel. All the airlines are squeaking

Please try to keep this thread ON TOPIC....................OCCUPATION OF TOC MEMBERS :)

Any further off topic posts will be deleted

9 GCSE's

BTEC diploma in Land Administration (Construction)

HND Building Studies

BSc (Hons) Forensic Engineering

wanted to work in ballistics devision for the police, applied for a post wiht the met police but got turned down... mind you i just graduated 2 months before wiht no relevant experience. :rolleyes:

I now work for a company as a technical support engineer & coordinator for our air-test engineers. The company's main aim is basically to drive down the CO2 emissions that is produced by buildings. some of you may already know, it is pretty much manditory now for all new-built houses to have a air permiability test and achieve below a certain rate! yep, our boys/girl do that!

im currently in the process of becoming technical support & coordinator for our team acoustic as well, and possibly an acoustic engineer very shortly! :)

i love my job, although my mate who works for a large construction company (heavily involved with the london 2012 / m25 project) has told me that that they are desperate for people in his department and that he could sort me out with a job, and the pay is pretty much double to what i am getting now, and i aint paid bad either at the mo :blink: ! only problem is, i would have to uproot again!

do i go for the money and become a small player in the company, or do i stay and grow with the company im with at the mo!!?? :ffs:

i love my job, although my mate who works for a large construction company (heavily involved with the london 2012 / m25 project) has told me that that they are desperate for people in his department and that he could sort me out with a job, and the pay is pretty much double to what i am getting now, and i aint paid bad either at the mo :

Ultimately it's up to you, but as you're getting paid well anyway AND you love your job then is it worth chasing the money, with all the hassle that's involved with uprooting.

I value job satisfaction above the money - thankfully like yourself I get a decent amount of both at the moment !

I now work for a company as a technical support engineer & coordinator for our air-test engineers. The company's main aim is basically to drive down the CO2 emissions that is produced by buildings. some of you may already know, it is pretty much manditory now for all new-built houses to have a air permiability test and achieve below a certain rate! yep, our boys/girl do that!

The company I work for provides software for SAP/EPC's and the air pressure test is a major part of new build EPC's ;)

i love my job, although my mate who works for a large construction company (heavily involved with the london 2012 / m25 project) has told me that that they are desperate for people in his department and that he could sort me out with a job, and the pay is pretty much double to what i am getting now, and i aint paid bad either at the mo :

Ultimately it's up to you, but as you're getting paid well anyway AND you love your job then is it worth chasing the money, with all the hassle that's involved with uprooting.

I value job satisfaction above the money - thankfully like yourself I get a decent amount of both at the moment !

that is what stopping me from jumping to the big bucks, its the job satisfaction plus the team i work with is second to none! although with all this credit crunch malarky, the $$ is sometimes very tempting!

The company I work for provides software for SAP/EPC's and the air pressure test is a major part of new build EPC's ;)

EPC, SAP, DEC, SBEM, etc we got a very busy team that do all thatl! so busy that the division keeps pinching our engineers, but less of that, its all politics!! we probably use your software, you dont work for elmhurst by any chance? :P

Started off in Air Traffic Control, then into general management at an airport, then moved up the slippery pole, moved around a bit, emigrated (!) and now I try my damnest to make one work. And no, it's the airlines (or their agents) that handle your baggage, not me and mine ;)

Software Dev & Day Trader

Your job sounds awesome vmail

there are some bad bits

Im in a country where they speak german and I dont understand anything

soon I'll be sailing for 4 days and I wont have innernet access

Anyone remember 'On the buses'??

Well i do what 'Blakey' does for a living!

xx

Oh dear.... get that bus out Butler!

I flew to Singapore via Qatar & back not long ago with Qatar, it's no word of a lie to say I was extremely impressed with the whole experience

Qatar Airways is an excellent Airline to work for...

I was referring to the drama in the Airport.......

Things that are going on....

Just the other day I had a passenger (poor guy) was travelling on an expired passport (expired 5 years ago), when I told him he couldnt travel he went into a FIT !!! ( a real Fit!) he collapsed, was scary, he ended up going to hospital, anyway the story goes he came into the country 5 years ago, his UK visa finished he went illegal and stayed working illegally for all those years, he just wanted to go back home and was scared.. he just bought a ticket and tried his luck....

he had earned nothing, working in some take away and was treated like s**t.

When I spoke to our Local Immigration Authorities, all they said was they were not bothered as long he is leaving..... :unsure:

He ended up going into Hospital for 2 days... i got clearance for him from his country and he went 2 days later......

I work with this sort of situation on a regular basis and your right as far as Borders and Immigration are concerned as long as they are not part of "organised" illegal immigration trade then they will do nothing....except deport. Sometimes people do the wrong things for the right reasons but the law is the law.

vac6_tn.gif

Anyone remember 'On the buses'??

Well i do what 'Blakey' does for a living!

xx

I reckon quite a few will be pukkering up a la Blakey style....................Get that bladdy bus outta here Butler, Gawddd

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links