Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima Water Pump

can anyone tell me where the water pump is on 2.2td estima and how to check its working.. please.. :help:

Dude the water pump is right in front of the engine, behind the cambelt cover and pulley and a real pain in the **** to get to. To see if it is working wait until the engine is at operating temperature then WITH A LARGE RUBBER GLOVE AND EXTREMELY CAREFULLY REMOVE THE RAD CAP. Then with the engine idling peer into the expansion bottle and you should see the water moving. If so the pump is working.

Now if you suspect the pump is not working because your car is overheating let me let you into a little secret. It may well me the pump but as you have the diesel estima my money wold be on a cracked cylinder head. If you didn't already know these cars are the MOST well known vehicles on our roads today for cracking heads. Symptoms are typically overheating, white smoke coming out the exhaust, boiling in the expansion chamber and water loss to name a few, followed eventually by the engine refusing to start in the morning and in actual fact totally locking up.

I hope for your sake it is only the water pump.

Dude the water pump is right in front of the engine, behind the cambelt cover and pulley and a real pain in the **** to get to. To see if it is working wait until the engine is at operating temperature then WITH A LARGE RUBBER GLOVE AND EXTREMELY CAREFULLY REMOVE THE RAD CAP. Then with the engine idling peer into the expansion bottle and you should see the water moving. If so the pump is working.

Now if you suspect the pump is not working because your car is overheating let me let you into a little secret. It may well me the pump but as you have the diesel estima my money wold be on a cracked cylinder head. If you didn't already know these cars are the MOST well known vehicles on our roads today for cracking heads. Symptoms are typically overheating, white smoke coming out the exhaust, boiling in the expansion chamber and water loss to name a few, followed eventually by the engine refusing to start in the morning and in actual fact totally locking up.

I hope for your sake it is only the water pump.

thanks i'll give it a try the cylinder head is new so that should be ok ....(hopefully)

thanks i'll give it a try the cylinder head is new so that should be ok ....(hopefully)

Well that really depends on who did the job, if they used a genuine Toyota head and gasket, if they properly cleared out all the blocked channels in the cylinder block etc.

Simple fact whilst your car will use either a 3C-T or 3C-TE engine both of these were used in other cars as well as the Estima. Whilst the heads are the same if the wrong gasket was used e.g. a Picnic gasket used instead of an Estima one the head will crack again after a very short space of time due to insufficient cooling around cylinders 3 & 4

Worth checking the thermostat and fitting a new radiator if you haven't already.

Best of luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links