Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Took Car For A Service

jibbbbbb

took car for a service at toyota yesterday , and what a day it turned out to be , first things first on the way there got a puncher, which now i have been told can not be repaired due to the fact ITS TO CLOSE TO THE EGDE ( and the lad was about 14 and spotty :D ) to me seem !Removed! silly because its in the middle of the f------ tyre, but i will take it some where else tomorrow and it is a new !Removed! tyre :angry: ....

but that was the good news ,,,,, had my service done , and then you might all no whats coming next , yes you guessed it the FUC---- daul mass fly wheel is on its way out , could of broke down in the !Removed! service centre . been as the mecanic is a friend of the family i was qouted 1400 pound , great frend of the family he is , but saying that i did get 20% off the sevice bill , only because he seen me crying after the dmf news lol .

anyway apart from a ***** day , i was wondering if any one knows if toyotas exctened warratry does cover the daul mass flywheel , i was told this might be my only hope been as the car is just over the 5 years and 60.000 miles ( :angry::angry::angry::angry: ) by 3 months , any info would be great other wise its fair well to the rav .........

Hi mate, currently crying in my pint (of milk) for you. That is such :censor: rotten luck.

i must admit , i am a bit dissapointed in the replys , i thought some one would no if dmf is covered in the extended warranty :rolleyes:

I think that you need to check the paperwork on the extended warranty to see if it is covered specifically.

Is that what you wanted to hear? :)

Go into the dealer assuming it IS covered. If you ask them if it is covered, it shows you don't know and they may just say "no" automatically.

I would have thought it would be covered, but it seems that it may be considered a "wear and tear" item?

Go into the dealer assuming it IS covered. If you ask them if it is covered, it shows you don't know and they may just say "no" automatically.

I would have thought it would be covered, but it seems that it may be considered a "wear and tear" item?

Sound advice Hoovie ( as usual ) - it's up to the dealer to convince you that it's not covered and I'm betting that they never mentioned it as a "wear and tear" item when you bought it so why say it is now? I count wear and tear as brake pads and discs, clutch, windscreen wipers, exhaust and Battery and argue about anything else. Worth doing a search on this site to see how other people have dealt with Toyota dealers and suceeded. I remember one guy who got trading standards involved and got the job done at the dealers cost. It's defineitely written up here somewhere.

Good luck

Chris

took car for a service at toyota yesterday , and what a day it turned out to be , first things first on the way there got a puncher, which now i have been told can not be repaired due to the fact ITS TO CLOSE TO THE EGDE ( and the lad was about 14 and spotty :D ) to me seem !Removed! silly because its in the middle of the f------ tyre, but i will take it some where else tomorrow and it is a new !Removed! tyre :angry: ....

but that was the good news ,,,,, had my service done , and then you might all no whats coming next , yes you guessed it the FUC---- daul mass fly wheel is on its way out , could of broke down in the !Removed! service centre . been as the mecanic is a friend of the family i was qouted 1400 pound , great frend of the family he is , but saying that i did get 20% off the sevice bill , only because he seen me crying after the dmf news lol .

anyway apart from a ***** day , i was wondering if any one knows if toyotas exctened warratry does cover the daul mass flywheel , i was told this might be my only hope been as the car is just over the 5 years and 60.000 miles ( :angry::angry::angry::angry: ) by 3 months , any info would be great other wise its fair well to the rav .........

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74099

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74099

According to that link "....With any failures outside of the Toyota warranty, which is 3 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes sooner, and no extended warranty has been purchased, then this would be dealt with on an individual basis between that owner and their Toyota Centre. This would also include any requests for goodwill outside of the warranty period.”

So it would seem that it IS covered by Extended Warranty - Jibbbbb, Do you have Unlimited Mileage Extended Warranty? I presume you do, as the mileage limited one is limited to 60k miles I think, so would be no good now anyway.

Good luck and don't let them fob you off with excuses :angry:

I think a good dealer will see you right :thumbsup:

Do you mean the DMF extended warranty or one you purchased with the vehicle? The DMF warranty has effectively expired but they do seem to be treating claims favourably at the moment. If you still have a valid extended warranty I wouldn't expect any problems.

Very sorry to hear about another DMF failure :(

Hope you get it sorted soon :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links