Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Parts...

sambora2002uk

Hi,

Two things...first of all ive just got rig of my 12 year old Celica and bought a 7 year old Rav 4 (thats one hell of a change). I seem to hear a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car when I reverse but cannot see what it is...any ideas?

Second of all can anyone recommend a good website for Rav 4 parts.....I wanted to get a hard cover for the rear wheel.....I see the rear wheel being very tempting for kids with knives for some reason.

Thanks

Welcome to the Dark side of TOC :D - don't forget to update your car in your sig ;)

There are a number of suppliers of non-Toyota spare wheel hard covers around - can't recommend one as never bought one, but a google will give you a few options.

If you go for the original Toyota ones, bear in mind that it is a two part job, so if you get offered the painted visible bit only, it is probably a bit dodgy (they are very easy to pilfer)

Hi,

Two things...first of all ive just got rig of my 12 year old Celica and bought a 7 year old Rav 4 (thats one hell of a change). I seem to hear a knocking noise coming from the rear of the car when I reverse but cannot see what it is...any ideas?

Second of all can anyone recommend a good website for Rav 4 parts.....I wanted to get a hard cover for the rear wheel.....I see the rear wheel being very tempting for kids with knives for some reason.

Thanks

Shame - but then the Celica didn't have the ST205 engine so I can see why......

Knocking noises from the rear of RAVs when reversing is usually cos the neighbours been eyeing up the car and he'/she is trying to alert you that they are underneath :lol:

Several things it could be, but I'll take a guess at the rear suspension mount bushes, or the diff mount bush worn.

Course it could be something entirely diff-erent.

Lol.....Nah dont think its the neighbours...probably those pesky annoying chav kids that ive been trying so hard to run down....

Im taking the Rav 4 back to the garage I got it from this weekend and they are going to kindly fix the problem...phew, saves me paying for it ;-P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links