Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Again

ollieatkins1988

This is turning out to be quite the marathon and not just on my part. I found that the screw holes on the side of my cd player dont match the standard ones of the brackets which is fair enough but even if i wanted to drill holes in the brackets it seems that no part of the bracket lines up with the cd player when the cd player is in the correct place so what can i do if there is no way to hold it in place? I went to Halfords and asked if they did another type of bracket for the car but aparently there is non.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

(pre-facelift)

There will be some part of the bracket that you can drill a hole in that lines up. The way I did it was to attach the mounting brackets to the facia adapter and then slot the head unit into the facia adapter. You can then see roughly where you need to drill holes - in my case I drilled four holes, two on each side, but they weren't very well lined up because I screwed up the maths.

But it is impossible, keep persevering :)

I've got to replace my head unit with the stock unit tonight in preparation for the part exchange, so if I remember I'll take some photos of the mounting brackets and put them up here.

Thanks. I'd really apreciate that if you could. Any reason why your selling the celica ?

Not gonna be tonight I'm afraid, I'm !Removed! knackered. If I pick the new car up at the weekend it'll be in the late afternoon so I'll have time on Saturday morning to get the head unit sorted and get some photos up.

I'm upgrading to a T-Sport :) And my 140 has been shockingly unreliable in the 3 months I've had it.

lol yeh tell me about it. I love japanese cars i just seemed to pick the one that enjoys me emptying my wallet.I can get the center console off in minutes now and the cd player out etc from practice i just cant do this last part, so il just be patient now :)

What about cutting some squares of metal big enough to screw your stereo to, !Removed! them to your mounting brackets, then lining up your stereo to the added-to sections of your now much bigger brackets...?

Its a bit of a dodgy fix, but no-ones going to see it, so why not...?

I was unable to remove my head unit before I had to take the car for part ex :( But those pics from DefiantFrog should be more than enough to get you sorted :)

Thanks Both. Ive just sprayed the center console black and the facia panel so that they both match rather than two cheapy looking silvers. Now that thats done i think il try and drill the holes that defiant frog made in his as ive noticed he made one so that the facia plate could be fixed to the bracket which seemed quite sturdy.

I wish i wasnt such a novice and now im just addicted to asking questions.

By the way Iceland Potter if you get a chance to read this I got the cheque through, clearing the remainder of the cash they owed after a hefty 3 months. Thanks for your time and those letters as well as the threats you said i should use :) .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links