Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iat Sensor On The 998 Petrol Engine

sledgehammeruk

can anyone confirm what I've heard ...

that there is no Inlet air temp sensor (IAT) on the petrol engine ???

the mass airflow sensor does it on it's own ???

was thinking of putting a resistor across it to raise the inlet air temp reading

to decrease MPG , it defenatly works on older larger cars

In a way opposite to the ''more bhp '' resistor idea

If the info is wrong can any one supply me with the info and wire connections

for the aygo petrol 998

the car is running on a hho / petrol mix , I have extended the lamda sensor's

now I want to lean out the fuel a bit

got almost 70 mpg av over 500 miles in devon :)

also working on a simple stop start system

Thank's in advance

sledgy

Well I don't know for sure if there is a sensor for it.

But I can tell you that the ScanGaugeII I have installed in my 107 can show the temperature of the intake air.

So there is a signal available in the ECU data so I think that there should be a sensor for it too.

Well I don't know for sure if there is a sensor for it.

But I can tell you that the ScanGaugeII I have installed in my 107 can show the temperature of the intake air.

So there is a signal available in the ECU data so I think that there should be a sensor for it too.

My scan gauge does the same

I took the Mass airflow sensor off the car (behind the carb) and there are 4 wires ,

but even with multimeter couldn't figure which did what , even heated the sensor a little , but still couldn't

see a change in the resistance

I'm a bit nervous , as the maf would be £££££

must admit the scangauge makes me drive more efficient :)

will be a while before it pay's for it's self

can anyone confirm what I've heard ...

...now I want to lean out the fuel a bit...

If the engine runs lean it will have to turn more times for the same power output. This will decrease the output: internal drag ratio and result in a lower volumetric efficiency.

I suggest keeping the air:fuel ratio standard/stoichiometric

Get a turbo diesel (still a few Aygos out there). There is much more room to mess about with boost pressures, intercoolers and tuning boxes to get the best mpg, which is more likely to pay off sooner than any petrol mods

...even heated the sensor a little , but still couldn't see a change in the resistance...

In this case, the sensor doesn't work like that. A current is passed through the metal strip (or similar) to get it to a predetermined temerature. As the air passes over the metal strip the ECU reads the amount of electrical current needed to maintain the temperature, which is directly proportional to the air teperature.

The electrical resistance is not provided by the air heating, but instead cooling the metal strip.

err...

Have i logged into the tibet edition of the aygo club?

Cause i dont understand a word of that!

• 1 month later...

Thank's for the input ... problem solved ... more mpg :) and lower emissions :)

now burning all the fuel available almost completely ... can't wait for the first MOT :yes:

thank's for the info , it wasn't the Mass Air Flow sensor I wanted , it's the Inlet Air Temp within the MAF sensor assy

inlet air temp is calculated thru resistance as with any any temp sensor, air flow is calculated how you said ( a hot wire ) (not what I wanted)

I should have explained better I am leaning out the petrol , not the total fuel (as I am supplementing) with a hho mix

and I don't care what anyone says the citybug diesel is a waste of time and money

noisy and heavy ... why didn't they make the 3 cyl TDI version that diahatsui used in the 80's ???

a lot better IMHO

thank's for all the comments ;)

Bye ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links