Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Avensis D4d

skpd4d

hi i have a 04 avensis d4d t spirit the car is fine until it is warmed up after 15 minutes. it starts to lose power and when you accelarate it then grey and black smoke comes out then the car goes it keeps on doing that. have changed the air flow meter still no difference. eng mangement light and the vsr trc lights are always on fault code is egr valve and glow plugs. any ideas?

hi i have a 04 avensis d4d t spirit the car is fine until it is warmed up after 15 minutes. it starts to lose power and when you accelarate it then grey and black smoke comes out then the car goes it keeps on doing that. have changed the air flow meter still no difference. eng mangement light and the vsr trc lights are always on fault code is egr valve and glow plugs. any ideas?

hello

when yr car was last serviced? and what works were done?

it looks like a problem with T/C. how's yr can started?? are there any problems with starting?

send precised info.

cheers/Igor

Hi

Does it have high oil consumption, because this is a fault in the 2.2d a manufacture fault on the pistons rings, this could have ruined your catalyc converter, does it pass an emissions test. this is my opinion.

hi

you've both grey and black smoke. In case the engiine is started well -- all is OK with injection timing. Now go further -- there are two main issues when smoke exhaust -- T/C performance and injectors performance. You have changed an air flow meter - but the minor problem with scavange air system leakproof can arise smoke exhaust. Chck with air system carefully first. ANd conside the above. Cheers/Igor

:(

hi mate im a new member

it seems like it might be your head gasket might be blown, because the smoke you mentioned i think its

mixing water and oil. its best you get it diagnosed, ok its abit costy but atleast you will now whats wrong with it.

:(

hi mate im a new member

it seems like it might be your head gasket might be blown, because the smoke you mentioned i think its

mixing water and oil. its best you get it diagnosed, ok its abit costy but atleast you will now whats wrong with it.

hello MAX

do not miss smoke origination.

i disagree with your statements - because blown head gasket leeds to a coolant temp rising + its dirty colour.

read carefully an initial statement of the AUTHOR.

cheers

Igor

hi it has been serviced the car is ok for the first 15 minutes till it is warmed up.

then it wil misfire and is a struggle to take up to 3500 revs then it will let black smoke out and go i have took the car to 110mph. does not overheat oil water is k. has had a new engine and turbo replaced at 65k from dealers costing £4000 toyot uk paid half towards the engine. now its got 109k.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links