Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty Diesel D4d

GIW

Can anyone help or confirm the problem.

I have a 54 plate Avensis diesel (D4D) about a week ago i started it from cold and noticed it was more tappy than normal, i drove it steady a couple of miles doen the road i was accelerating in third from about 25 mph the gave a missfire and cut out. Stopped and turned the engine off and tried to re-start stared fine but engine waring light was on, drove away and once warm tapping disappeared and evrythng seemed to be okay.

However noticed that when attempting to accelerate from low revs the engine judded like missfire on petrol until revs came up (about 2000 rpm). Another sympton i have noticed is when pushing hard on accelerater when low revs is a whooshing noise coming rom right hand side of engine bay.

Rang my warranty company (good job i took one) booked it into the toyota dealer and to cut a lng story short they changed two injectors warranty company would not change other two as they were within tolerance. Picked the car up and in general all seemed well less moisy on startup and the judder on low rev acceleration was gone although they was still a "flutter" at low revs.

This morning same problem as before happened again accelerating in third from about 25 mph the car a missfired and cut out.

Stopped and restarted as before.

Question is this just a case of changing the other injectors or is there something else it could be.

Thanks

Can anyone help or confirm the problem.

I have a 54 plate Avensis diesel (D4D) about a week ago i started it from cold and noticed it was more tappy than normal, i drove it steady a couple of miles doen the road i was accelerating in third from about 25 mph the gave a missfire and cut out. Stopped and turned the engine off and tried to re-start stared fine but engine waring light was on, drove away and once warm tapping disappeared and evrythng seemed to be okay.

However noticed that when attempting to accelerate from low revs the engine judded like missfire on petrol until revs came up (about 2000 rpm). Another sympton i have noticed is when pushing hard on accelerater when low revs is a whooshing noise coming rom right hand side of engine bay.

Rang my warranty company (good job i took one) booked it into the toyota dealer and to cut a lng story short they changed two injectors warranty company would not change other two as they were within tolerance. Picked the car up and in general all seemed well less moisy on startup and the judder on low rev acceleration was gone although they was still a "flutter" at low revs.

This morning same problem as before happened again accelerating in third from about 25 mph the car a missfired and cut out.

Stopped and restarted as before.

Question is this just a case of changing the other injectors or is there something else it could be.

Thanks

hi

the peformance of all(!!!) injectors must be the same.

cheers

Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links