Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grrr...scratched Plastics

Habu

Grrr...scratched plastics :angry: The Prius's plastics do seem to scratch quite easily. I'm always especially very careful with the shiny black plastic covers to the front cup holders and simply waft a microfibre cloth over them both to dust 'em. However, I've still managed to now put some very light scratches in them although I suspect it was someone else rather than my wafting. :rolleyes: Has anyone had a go at trying to remove light scratches from Prius plastics? If it was paintwork that would be fine as I'd get some Meguiars Scratch-X on it but plastics???

Any ideas?

Grrr...scratched plastics :angry: The Prius's plastics do seem to scratch quite easily. I'm always especially very careful with the shiny black plastic covers to the front cup holders and simply waft a microfibre cloth over them both to dust 'em. However, I've still managed to now put some very light scratches in them although I suspect it was someone else rather than my wafting. :rolleyes: Has anyone had a go at trying to remove light scratches from Prius plastics? If it was paintwork that would be fine as I'd get some Meguiars Scratch-X on it but plastics???

Any ideas?

I recently had a couple of my CD's scratched (remember when they were launched? We were told they were indestructable!). Looked for some tips online, a very mild abrasive like Brasso was recommended, but apparently even toothpaste can be used. You need a soft lint free cloth, and polish very gently in a circular motion. I tried Brasso on my CD's, I did manage to get the visible scratches out, but the damn things still wouldn't play! Perhaps worth a try, if it fails, are there any pranged Priuis's in breakers yards you could raid the bits required from?

I spent 3 hours today cleaning the inside of my 2 year old T4 I bought at auction last week. Looked online for the best stuff, Comma Interior Cleaner was rated the best by Auto Express magazine and a few others. Their website has a list of stockists (Halfords don't sell it), so bought it at a local motor factors who were on their list. Brilliant stuff. You can use it on the dash, door trims, roof lining, carpets and seats. No water required, just a dry cloth, and brought the whole interior up like new. Cost just £4:45 and only used half of it, so already saved at least £50 in paying some spotty oik to valet it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links