Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Injectors

Gina

Hi

Anyone know if i can get a new injector cheap as poss as spent a lot of pennies on the oll car just lately, been off the road for over a month with one thing or another.

Me thinks and hopes when it gets back on the road will be like a new car!!!

Gina

if its the D4D engine they arnt just plug and play.

the injectors need coding into the ECU which is a dealer only job.

also the common rail type injectors aint cheap

• 2 weeks later...
if its the D4D engine they arnt just plug and play.

the injectors need coding into the ECU which is a dealer only job.

also the common rail type injectors aint cheap

Hi

Thanks for the reply but what happens then if they are not coded to the ECU as we have put them all in now and it goes like stink??!!! :eek:

Regards

Gina

Gina

Sometimes the changes to the ECU are minute so it may run OK. However, it could be going well because it is over fuelling which will show up at MOT emmission time. As long as it runs OK and doesn't use excessive fuel or black smoke then I would leave it and see what they say at MOT.

Any chance of giving us a bit more info about the injectors you obtained so we can use it for future reference?

Regards

Gina

Sometimes the changes to the ECU are minute so it may run OK. However, it could be going well because it is over fuelling which will show up at MOT emmission time. As long as it runs OK and doesn't use excessive fuel or black smoke then I would leave it and see what they say at MOT.

Any chance of giving us a bit more info about the injectors you obtained so we can use it for future reference?

Regards

Hi

Only needed one as we had them tested. The new one came from a place thats local to us and is called S.A.S. phone number 01483 534870. The retail price was 242 but we got a discount + VAT.

Do you know how they code them to the ECU do you have to have the injector number from the side? or do they have to hook it up to electrics and do it that way?

Regards

Gina

Gina

Regards

Hi me again

Have had the emissions tested and they passed but can you tell me what they should be if perfect? (What you would be happy for them to be at). :D :D

Regards

Gina

Gina

The injector would be set to the ECU using a special device that plugs in to the OBD II connector near to the bonnet pull handle under the dash.

The exhaust limits are shown on the results page of your emmission test.

Regards

Gina

The injector would be set to the ECU using a special device that plugs in to the OBD II connector near to the bonnet pull handle under the dash.

The exhaust limits are shown on the results page of your emmission test.

Regards

Hi Thanks for that.

Do you ever do any private jobs?

I have just realised you are in Derbyshire which is where my daughter is living at the moment she is in Chinley, she coming down thursday to pick the Toy up and take it back.

Regards

Gina

Gina

I live in Chapel-en-le-Frith, 5 minutes away. The short answer to your question is no but if she has any problems she can pm me and I don't mind diagnosing the fault and by using the right local garage, make sure that she doesn't get ripped off.

I have a daughter in Hull and the only way I can avoid her getting ripped off (which she did at first on more than one occasion) is to go out there or get her to come back here while I sort it out so I know how you feel.

Regards

Gina

I live in Chapel-en-le-Frith, 5 minutes away. The short answer to your question is no but if she has any problems she can pm me and I don't mind diagnosing the fault and by using the right local garage, make sure that she doesn't get ripped off.

I have a daughter in Hull and the only way I can avoid her getting ripped off (which she did at first on more than one occasion) is to go out there or get her to come back here while I sort it out so I know how you feel.

Regards

Thats great i will let her know. Thanks again for your help and you never know you will prob see it out and about!!!

Regards

Gina

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links