Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting Mp3/usb

nocturo

Hey all! I'm a recent, proud owner of 2002 Corolla TS! \o/

Really nice car, I'm loving it. Big switch from my megane! Tho audio in the car is OK, but nowhere near what I had previously (full Pioneer eq), so I'm wondering what options do I have for replacing/enhancing audio system in my CTS ? From what I've gathered, it has satnav and board computer directly tied to radio so easy swapping isn't possible. I've also been to my local pioneer dealer and he said he doesn't have anything that would work out-of-the-box so I'm looking for alternate solutions for quality audio system. I'm not saying current audio system is bad, but lacking mp3 support is a big minus, and on a side note, I'm used to good sound :rolleyes:

Any advices, pointers, suggestions are welcome !

TIA.

Hey all! I'm a recent, proud owner of 2002 Corolla TS! \o/

Really nice car, I'm loving it. Big switch from my megane! Tho audio in the car is OK, but nowhere near what I had previously (full Pioneer eq), so I'm wondering what options do I have for replacing/enhancing audio system in my CTS ? From what I've gathered, it has satnav and board computer directly tied to radio so easy swapping isn't possible. I've also been to my local pioneer dealer and he said he doesn't have anything that would work out-of-the-box so I'm looking for alternate solutions for quality audio system. I'm not saying current audio system is bad, but lacking mp3 support is a big minus, and on a side note, I'm used to good sound :rolleyes:

Any advices, pointers, suggestions are welcome !

TIA.

I just use my 60gb IPod with an i-trip, find its decent enough for me..

you can buy a connector on eBay for about 30 quid from japan that goes in the cd changer port in the stereo which allows you to use usb devices and sd cards etc

dont know if thats any good but thought i would say :D

The easiest way to add another source input would be something like this Linky

But, if your willing to lose your sat nav and current features, then a new double DIN H/U is possible to fit in, as i've done.

Give us more of an idea of what you want to do then?

Bing

:thumbsup:

you can buy a connector on ebay for about 30 quid from japan that goes in the cd changer port in the stereo which allows you to use usb devices and sd cards etc

dont know if thats any good but thought i would say

any ideas what these are called, or what terms i should be searching for? it sounds ideal tbh!

The easiest way to add another source input would be something like this Linky

But, if your willing to lose your sat nav and current features, then a new double DIN H/U is possible to fit in, as i've done.

Give us more of an idea of what you want to do then?

Bing

Thanks Bing, that looks interesting for short to mid term solution but personally, I'd like to swap everything out, adding subwoofer, maybe a 3way Speakers in the back (need to check will it fit, or if someone knows?) but that's easy, hardest part would be saving as many features I have already and getting a decent player. I guess satnav and board computer is directly in the radio ?

I saw someone building a PC directly in CTS, that looks interesting, as I wanted my next car (CTS) to have DVD features and touch screen interface :rolleyes:

What double DIN you used ? How many "features" you lost from stock radio/CD ?

TA

nocturo :)

you can buy a connector on ebay for about 30 quid from japan that goes in the cd changer port in the stereo which allows you to use usb devices and sd cards etc

any ideas what these are called, or what terms i should be searching for? it sounds ideal tbh!

Try Connects2 my dad just fitted one to his car for an ipod and that works like a dream as it runs off the aux connection and is directly controllable via the steering wheel.

Thanks Bing, that looks interesting for short to mid term solution but personally, I'd like to swap everything out, adding subwoofer, maybe a 3way speakers in the back (need to check will it fit, or if someone knows?) but that's easy, hardest part would be saving as many features I have already and getting a decent player. I guess satnav and board computer is directly in the radio ?

I saw someone building a PC directly in CTS, that looks interesting, as I wanted my next car (CTS) to have DVD features and touch screen interface :rolleyes:

What double DIN you used ? How many "features" you lost from stock radio/CD ?

TA

nocturo :)

I've changed my toyota H/U to a single Alpine H/U, now a double DIN unit.

My car never came with sat nav, but did have a trip computer, but i never really used it anyway, after when it told me i was doing something like 88mph with an average of 93mpg i let you work out if i wanted to keep it :lol:

Depending on what you want to install, is really up to you.

My Alpine H/U, is a main controller for lots of other features, should i ever want to upgrade.

Currently, it's capable of playing DVD's, CD's, CD with MP3 tracks, full ipod control (which i don't have or intend to use :lol: ) and the radio.

I could add on as extras such as sat nav, tv, rear view camera for reversing, bluetooth, external monitors, the list goes on.

All i've got my setup to do is, control my CD changer, powered into a 5channel amp actively, then component front Speakers and a 10" sub in my boot.

The car your talking about with the carpc belongs to Mr Nrgizerbunny

I would say it's quite advance for most users, but if you have the time, money and expertise to try it, then it would be well worth it, as what Nrgizerbunny car shows.

Bing

i searched corolla mp3 but they seem to have gone up in price there £24 and £25 p&p from china let me know if ya get one and how good they are pls :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links