Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Intermittant Start

ravqueen

hi everyone, ive just brought a 1995 5dr rav 2.0 manual. it starts perfectly first thing in the morning. i go 3 miles, pull up at my mums to drop the kids off and stay for 15 mins or so, then i get back to car and it wont start, it ticks over but non starting, if u try and try again it will eventually start. Battery is fine, starter motor is fine, any ideas, help needed asap

simple things first. has it had a service recently or the spark plugs checked? On this age of RAV, the HT leads may need changed. The 95 RAVs are fairly simple machines so i'd start with checking the basics. From there, one can start looking at the fuel system for faults - like the engine is confused as to whether its warmed up or not.......I get the same with whisky...!

simple things first. has it had a service recently or the spark plugs checked? On this age of RAV, the HT leads may need changed. The 95 RAVs are fairly simple machines so i'd start with checking the basics. From there, one can start looking at the fuel system for faults - like the engine is confused as to whether its warmed up or not.......I get the same with whisky...!

Does the fuel consumption give you any clues ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links