Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Damage Assesment

thebestdriver

Hi guys,

Bit of a weird thread this one.

I had a bit of a bump today, while meeting traffic on a tight urban road, and I had a parked car at less than 5mph while edging forwards.

The damage is in the picture below, and i'm trying to reach an out of insurance settlement, but before that I need to find out how much it would cost to repair his damage, so I can give him that and a bit of "pocket-money" ontop.

Picture001.jpg

The damage is above, what would you say is the price for repairing this?

Many Thanks

The make and model of car would help, if its a Zonda then the pocket money would have to come in a very big sack!

If I'm looking at the pic right and the lower part is plastic then that will need to be replaced.

The make and model of car would help, if its a Zonda then the pocket money would have to come in a very big sack!

If I'm looking at the pic right and the lower part is plastic then that will need to be replaced.

its a mk5 golf lol.

i thought a £100 would cover it?

its a mk5 golf lol.

i thought a £100 would cover it?

think you need to think again it will prob be the best part of £250 for the paint job, it will need rubbing down masking out, primer, light rub down, top coat, + laquer if 2 part paint plus buff and polish to make it match in so you would probably get hit with 3 - 4 hours labour plus materials

plus parts and labour for replacing the plastic bit which lloks like the bumper from what I can see so that will probably be 1 to 2 hours labour plus parts so £70 - £180 plus parts (depending on body shop rates)

be lucky to get much change out of £500

why not get 3 quotes from repair shops and pay him the average of the 3 thats the fairest way

as above really, let them get some quotes and make a choice.

i had a bump a while ago (woman decided she wasnt going through the traffic lights) and her quote was £540 for rear bumper and valance on a m reg seat ibiza. granted the damage was worse than the bumper.

what you need to work out is 1, how much your insurance excess is and 2, how much your premium will increase next year if you claim.

anything upto that amount is cheaper than going through the insurance

as above really, let them get some quotes and make a choice.

i had a bump a while ago (woman decided she wasnt going through the traffic lights) and her quote was £540 for rear bumper and valance on a m reg seat ibiza. granted the damage was worse than the bumper.

what you need to work out is 1, how much your insurance excess is and 2, how much your premium will increase next year if you claim.

anything upto that amount is cheaper than going through the insurance

Trouble is when you start asking the inocent party to get three quotes, you are adding to their costs and inconvenience; so before long you find that the bag of goodies you are going to offer becomes far greater than the actual cost involved. Just offer them £300 cash; they might not even bother to get the job done, preferring to wait for the next time someone gives them a bump.

Thebestdriver: i thought a £100 would cover it?

Oh dear, that will be way off the mark I think. The price of waterbased paints these days plus a bit of other material will cost about that.........before you add any profit, VAT etc

Give him a £200 bung to go away :lol: or negotiate a deal to suit both parties

Kingo :thumbsup:

you all have good points actually... thank you.

i think i was a bit more shook up yesterday than today.. i've got a habit of meeting traffic as fast as i can because i beleive you spend the greatest length of time meeting traffic.

But i agree with all of you to an extent.

If I use my bargaining skills (being asian :P) if i offer him an optimistic value like 300... and then see what hes up for?...

i guess it would be good getting insurance quotes with an accident just to find out what i've got to work with over the 3 years after the accident.

i hate this man... a 5cm error in judgement and poof!

a 5cm error in judgement and poof!

Not exactly “The Best Driver” then are you? You just can’t beat humility nowadays!

Made me smile anyway :D

haha, yeh.. i still meet traffic faster and more accurately than most people i know, its where a person loses most time.

but you're right, i'm not exactly the best driver

haha, yeh.. i still meet traffic faster and more accurately than most people i know, its where a person loses most time.

your accuracy has been proven (see the pic you attached) and meeting traffic fast is most definately not a sign of a good driver the few seconds you save each time you do it will add up to less than the amount of time you spent discussing the accident you had with the person you hit.

your accuracy has been proven (see the pic you attached) and meeting traffic fast is most definately not a sign of a good driver the few seconds you save each time you do it will add up to less than the amount of time you spent discussing the accident you had with the person you hit.

theres no other sign of a good driver in road driving. i don't speed or like to accelerate fast, if you think thats good driving then you're mistaken. the only skill in driving is perception, and is demonstrated well when meeting traffic, or going through an alleyway surely.

in any case what would you say is good driving?

theres no other sign of a good driver in road driving. i don't speed or like to accelerate fast, if you think thats good driving then you're mistaken. the only skill in driving is perception, and is demonstrated well when meeting traffic, or going through an alleyway surely.

meeting traffic fast is the only sign of a good driver???

how about being aware of your surroundings hazard perception, driving at a speed appropriate to your surroundings, avoiding other cars? all of these seem a beeter sign of a good driver than meeting traffic faster than anyone else.

how about being aware of your surroundings hazard perception, driving at a speed appropriate to your surroundings, avoiding other cars? all of these seem a beeter sign of a good driver than meeting traffic faster than anyone else.

just as i stated, perception is the only sign of a good driver, and all the skills you've mentioned are encorporated in meeting traffic, and the only way to meet traffic better than others is to be able to do it faster, wouldn't you agree?

just as i stated, perception is the only sign of a good driver, and all the skills you've mentioned are encorporated in meeting traffic, and the only way to meet traffic better than others is to be able to do it faster, wouldn't you agree?

nope the only way to do it better than others is to not hit them

anyone else smell troll?

True to an extent but what you're saying is, an F1 driver will be just as good as a normal driver as long as they don't hit a car?..

Your points are clearly biased in serving no other point but proving me wrong.

And what do you mean by "anyone else smell a troll?"... are you insulting me or have you been lying so much you can smell within the screen?

True to an extent but what you're saying is, an F1 driver will be just as good as a normal driver as long as they don't hit a car?..

Your points are clearly biased in serving no other point but proving me wrong.

Disagree F1 drivers do not always make good drivers on the road.

The evidence:

Michael Schumacher's Crash in Kent - CLICK ME

:lol:

This thread has gone WAY OFF TOPIC :rolleyes:

TBD has chosen an unfortunate forum name to be asking about accident damage but members should attempt to remain on topic and answer the original request.

If the thread drifts into personal flameing and insults it will become TOAST

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links