Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time Machine

Bizarra

Started thinking the other night, while watching Big Brother Live (Live ? everyone was asleep!) about the now locked Topic of the most beautiful Toyota ever. I am NOT trying to restart in in another guise :nono:

If you took the most basic model made this year by any Manufacturer & put it in a Time Machine :alien: & sent it back to the time of the Ford Anglia & the Morris Minor, it would be the 8th Wonder of the World. The styling, accessories, performance & silence would stop people in the streets. Likewise, if you took the aforesaid Morris Minor & Ford Anglia & sent them back to the time of the Model T = same result.

As times change, so does taste. The nudes that Whatshisname painted were the epitome of beauty in their day. Now they are obese & should go on the Atkins Diet :lol:

In my (never) humble opinion you can only really compare cars within a bracket of approximately 5 years. Again, as an example & a personal opinion only, I think that the older version of the Celica is far more attractive than the current one.

End of ramble :excl::yes::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Yeah as mentioned in the now (Sadly) locked "Most beautiful Toyota" thread, (That was both fun & interesting.) I think alot of the later versions of toyota models (& many other makes aswell.) look as though they are on steroids & many of the older versions seem to look more sleek & classy. Some cars even from the 80's though can hold their own against modern makes & not look that dated at all, for example the Audi 100. One thing I have noticed is that many Toyota models seem to have gone alots cheaper feeling as each new version comes out, esp body panels etc..maybe mr T woulsd say it's to do with crumple zones etc..? :huh: Or was it because of the Yen performing badly ?

Hi Flexy :thumbsup: I agree & we are treading on dangerous ground here :fear::lol: My particular Corolla was only produced from 1988- 92. I think it looks far more attractive than any since produced. I have been known to stand across the street admiring it. :drool: I have a series of photos posted in Corolla section under"Has anyone else got one of these ". I can't remember who started the post, but there weren't many replies.

Some may argue that the age of the driver plays a part! ;)

For example, Bizarra's Corolla and Flexy's Camry both look old and out-dated to me!!

:lol:

True beauty is ageless, sadly something that was missing from the afore mentioned cars tho! :lol:

True beauty is ageless, sadly something that was missing from the afore mentioned cars tho! :lol:

:yahoo: Are totally unaware of the recent independant TOC poll where the Camry polled almost 15% of the "Most Beautiful Toyota" vote. :toast::yes:

That's not much of an arguement when 85% said no! :lol:

Although, going back to the original post, if you sent the Camry back to Model T times then i'm sure it would look good!!! :lol:

For example, Bizarra's Corolla and Flexy's Camry both look old and out-dated to me!!

Ouch :wheelchair: Probably true, but a below the belt hit :crutchy: :lol: as I think I am one of the oldest members, certainly in the lower 1/2 of the poll on "What age are you" :crybaby:

I still know that I am 29 inside, but my body disagrees :wacko::lol:

Yeah. I used to have a Hillman Imp, back when they were new. Then it appeared to be a neat, snazzy, different little motor.

I got caught in a Vintage Parade going through the town. What was I stuck behind ? A mint UK reg Imp. Impression ? That can't be an Imp. It is a Gawd awful ugly little box & nothing like my memory of mine. I drove up close to check. It was :crybaby:

Although, going back to the original post, if you sent the Camry back to Model T times then i'm sure it would look good!!!

In Model T times I agree - but nowadays the Model T has much more charm and character than just about anything currently produced.

The old cars were so wacky !!!

If we went on the percentage/mathematics of members PM'ing thier dissatisfaction/boredom/anger/amusement about the previous post involving said model of Toyota then the subject would never rear It's ugly head again, having said that..............................What's this in the foreground of our recent camping trip?...CLICKY

• 2 weeks later...

I have just seen the Chevrolet Ad :eek:

A bit more extreme than my idea , but great minds think alike (Sez he with his customary modesty :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links