Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mmt

bjw

I was in a shopping centre recently and there was a Toyota stand in there!!! I asked the salesman if Toyota were bringing out a diesel automatic ( or clutch less system) in the near future .

He told me that the Avensis will get one next year and will be based on the Volkswagen's DSG auto .

I also spoke to him about the MMT gearbox and was told this box he thinks this is also being replaced with the same system !!! Whether the info he gave is correct time will tell

The vw dsg system is brilliant. Fords have something similar I think. I am pleased with my two year old diesel Verso but would changed it today for a decent auto version.

I'm sure CVT type autoboxes will appear in most of the range of new models in 2009, it is going in the IQ so I'm sure it will appear elswhere too, however it will be Toyota's own version, it will not be based on another manufacturers (VW) A diesel auto will be available in new Avensis when it arrives

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links