Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Misting - Gen7 140.

celicavvti

Hey all,

Put the heater blowers on for the first time in a while yesterday to de-mist the windscreen, before I knew it, the drivers side of the windscreen misted up ! had to put on the air-con to clear it. It never used to do this, the blowers used to de-mist the windscreen real quick. Has anyone any idea what might be up ? Its a 2000 Gen7 140 (with electronic climate control).

Cheers,

S.

Hey all,

Put the heater blowers on for the first time in a while yesterday to de-mist the windscreen, before I knew it, the drivers side of the windscreen misted up ! had to put on the air-con to clear it. It never used to do this, the blowers used to de-mist the windscreen real quick. Has anyone any idea what might be up ? Its a 2000 Gen7 140 (with electronic climate control).

Cheers,

S.

Can you smell an almost sweat kinda smell when you turn the blowers on? Is the mist actually mist or is it slightly greasy?

Might be your heater matrix/core if you answer yes to this.

Errr, yes kinda !

Had the matrix go on my old Gen4 Celica, and it misted the windcreen up straight away, unlike how the Gen7 is doing it, i.e only on the drivers side, and plus it's a lot worse when on re-circ. I've checked the carpets on they are all dry, and doesn't seem to be using much in the way of coolant . . .

what i've also noticed is when it's put up to hot, it doesn't actually seem to blow that hot !!

I'm confused (and hoping it's not going to cost a bomb as I had to replace the engine 6months back due to the !Removed! oval piston problem)!!!!!!!

Errr, yes kinda !

Had the matrix go on my old Gen4 Celica, and it misted the windcreen up straight away, unlike how the Gen7 is doing it, i.e only on the drivers side, and plus it's a lot worse when on re-circ. I've checked the carpets on they are all dry, and doesn't seem to be using much in the way of coolant . . .

what i've also noticed is when it's put up to hot, it doesn't actually seem to blow that hot !!

I'm confused (and hoping it's not going to cost a bomb as I had to replace the engine 6months back due to the !Removed! oval piston problem)!!!!!!!

Had a tiny leak in my gen 6 earlier this year. It didn't make the carpets wet and it took ages for the windscreen to mist but i found my matrix was shot all the same. However i'm not suggesting this is the case. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links