Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trip Computers

Craigy Boy

Hi,

Just wondering,

i've got a 55 plate t sport and its got built in sat nav.

is there anyway of getting the current mpg the car is doing to display anywhere?

Thanks

Craig

On mine (without Navi) I just press the Trip/Navi button 2-3 timnes and it comes up..

Take it that's not the case with the Sat-nav ones?

nope it is. even if you turn the radio off, press the navi button and it will display the numbers. the accuracy of it is somewhat debated though.

well mine usually shows the cars current total millage, then press it once and its trip a in miles and press it again it says trip b in miles and the it comes up with 3 levels of ------------

would it show me on the sat nav? or is there anyway of setting the options for the display in the dash?

my radio is built into the sat nav???????????????? and don't have that button.

the sat nav is the tns700 btw

it only works if you rradio says something like w58818 or something like that on the front. Your TNS700 isn't going to have it.

damn

so they haven't buit that display into the tns700 :(

nope it is. even if you turn the radio off, press the navi button and it will display the numbers. the accuracy of it is somewhat debated though.

Yea about that accuracy, when I bought mine last year it read 34.2mpg (average) - as you'd expect after the first few months of owning a t sport it went down to 28mpg.

Now I'm not sure if there is something wrong here, for about 2 months now I've watched it climb and climb until yesterday it hit 60.1mpg.

That would be great, if it was actually doing 60.1mpg :) I think I need to reset my ECU :/

Yea about that accuracy, when I bought mine last year it read 34.2mpg (average) - as you'd expect after the first few months of owning a t sport it went down to 28mpg.

Now I'm not sure if there is something wrong here, for about 2 months now I've watched it climb and climb until yesterday it hit 60.1mpg.

That would be great, if it was actually doing 60.1mpg :) I think I need to reset my ECU :/

i reset it everytime i fill with petrol and find it very accurate - if you dont reset it it is working off the average from the last time it was reset. Which reading was reaching 60mpg? the constant reading will go to that and drop as low as 2mpg.

oh right, i only said tns700 because when i checked for updates thats what the disc number refered to but that aside, i'm gutted it hasn't got it on :(

i reset it everytime i fill with petrol and find it very accurate - if you dont reset it it is working off the average from the last time it was reset. Which reading was reaching 60mpg? the constant reading will go to that and drop as low as 2mpg.

The average, not the constant - that bobs all over the show.

Are you saying there is a reset button without disconnecting the Battery? Because that would be handy, saves having the engine run like a dog while it adjusts after an ECU reset.

Are you saying there is a reset button without disconnecting the Battery? Because that would be handy, saves having the engine run like a dog while it adjusts after an ECU reset.

press the navi button until you get the display you want to reset then hold the button in until it beeps and all is reset. all in the manual you know ;)

press the navi button until you get the display you want to reset then hold the button in until it beeps and all is reset. all in the manual you know ;)

Ah genious, thanks very much - I never thought to look in the manual. Shall be doing that tomorrow morning then!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links