Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It's Been A While

ae111sr

is that per wheel or per end?

if per end you should still be OK as the GZE with gearbox is only about 20-30kg heavier than the 4A-GE

Lee,

The total weight of my Rolla is 1285kg. That is split almost exactly 60% / 40% - front / rear so 780kg front and 505 kg rear. That's without me in the car (that adds a kilo or two :lol: ) but with the Battery on one side of the boot and my tool box on the other side (I never leave home without them :rolleyes: )

oooerrr that's a bit personal, asking how heavy my front end is :lol:

rolla weighs in at 1080KG but as there ain't much in the rear it must be about a 30/70 split so about 750 KG the same as john's.

i don't bother with any tools bar a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. when the rolla breaks its either fixable with those tools or need recovery anyway :lol:

should be OK John with those figures, a few KG either side wont affect it that much.

excellent then it shouldn't be a problem using john's old suspension

• 3 weeks later...

The kit has been fitted, set up, and adjusted.

Rear

gallery_1879_428_75024.jpg

Rear hub

gallery_1879_428_28039.jpg

Rear arch

gallery_1879_428_29691.jpg

Front

gallery_1879_428_3504.jpg

Front hub

gallery_1879_428_41912.jpg

Front arch

gallery_1879_428_59839.jpg

front has been dropped by 10mm since taking the picture

Front Top mount

gallery_1879_428_54099.jpg

It's a very different ride mainly because the rear has been sorted, the front spring rates are very similar to what they were before. There's not so much vertical movement so the ride is harder even with the dampers set to the softest setting. Some may think that the arch clearance is excessive but the reason for using the coilovers is to adjust the front ride height so that the front roll centre could be brought above ground level - below ground is OK for F1 cars but not for road cars. And at last I've been able to lift the back of the Corolla so that it's similar to the front ride height - not dragging it's backside like it was before.

Simon (aka 4a-fte) you have a PM

looking damn fine john. what brand of coilovers are they? and what spring weights did you go for?

Lee - they are Cusco Zero2 coilovers and I got the softest springs they do with these - 6kg front and 4kg rear (334lb/in & 224lb/in) The chassis analysis I had done by Track Developments near Castle Combe two years ago suggested 300lb/in and 200lb/in so these are pretty close.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links