Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Scratched Our Rav

OldSkoO1

Well as the title says really. We got back to our car to find a scratch right down the left side all the way from the headligt to the fuel cap.

The car is black and dirty so I rubbed at it with my finger (we are away at the mo) and it doesn't look as noticable and white as it was.infact heating it up by rubbing can get rid of it in some places.

When I get back should I try some autoglym super polish resin that I have or should we go straight to t-cut.

As I said even with my finger some of it does seem to go and with my nail ther doesn't seem to be an obvious groove.

Never happened before so not sure what's best.

Worst case how much would it cost for a full side respray in black.

I hope its not required as the line is feint and itsnt noticably grooved so not deep. But its defiantly worse than a cleaning swirl.

Sorry for long post - just worried and mrs is upset so posting from my phone!

Cheers

Well as the title says really. We got back to our car to find a scratch right down the left side all the way from the headligt to the fuel cap.

The car is black and dirty so I rubbed at it with my finger (we are away at the mo) and it doesn't look as noticable and white as it was.infact heating it up by rubbing can get rid of it in some places.

When I get back should I try some autoglym super polish resin that I have or should we go straight to t-cut.

As I said even with my finger some of it does seem to go and with my nail ther doesn't seem to be an obvious groove.

I hope its not required as the line is feint and itsnt noticably grooved so not deep. But its defiantly worse than a cleaning swirl.

Cheers

Sorry to hear that :(

Could you have possibly caught a thorny hedge whilst passing it.

Vandals usually make more of an effort to really scratch the paintwork with keys ...........(sometimes getting right down to the metal)

Hope that the Autoglym or T Cut method manages to work for you :thumbsup:

use the missuses black lipstick. if she aint got any, tell her she'd look good as a goth.

Cheers

I drive a black cab, and quite often have to manouvre between orange road cones (i won't bother to explain) if you catch these you get a horrible looking scrape down the side, however a rub with T CUT or tar remover soon removes it, if you can rub part of it away with your finger then hopefully it is something similar, i suggest try tar remover first as it is non abrasive, GOOD LUCK WITH IT MATE :thumbsup:

Take care with which T Cut you use. Some are not recommended for clearcoat finish and will make a bigger mess. Autoglym colour restorer is OK.

Sounds like a malicious act to my suspicious mind.

I have a random orbit sander with polishing mit and it removed some really bad scratches out of my mates black RAV. There was a guy from Wigan who had a lot of success with a "chips away" type company when he had some horrendous damage done to his car. I think his name was Wigan RFC or something similar.

Someone scratched my RAV to----------------ME :ffs: I managed to back it into a post in Italy. fortunately it polished out and the small scratches were painted with touch up.

Frank

Take care with which T Cut you use. Some are not recommended for clearcoat finish and will make a bigger mess. Autoglym colour restorer is OK.

Sounds like a malicious act to my suspicious mind.

I have a random orbit sander with polishing mit and it removed some really bad scratches out of my mates black RAV. There was a guy from Wigan who had a lot of success with a "chips away" type company when he had some horrendous damage done to his car. I think his name was Wigan RFC or something similar.

WIGAN!!!! Grrr, you'd get lynched round these parts for that :-) Especially in the world of Rugby League.

It was me though, we had the car keyed and got a mobile place from Warrington to come round and sort it out - they did a great job, I cant remember how much it cost, I think it was about 300 which is pretty good value considering how bad the damage was.. The thread is here http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...17&hl=keyed but I dont suppose it'd be much help seeing as you are in the midlands. Hope you get it sorted out though, I know how you feel!!!!

Cheers, Lee

WIGAN!!!! Grrr, you'd get lynched round these parts for that :-) Especially in the world of Rugby League.

Cheers, Lee

Dangerous ground Anchorman! :D

Never get them mixed up! :hammer:

Oops! Sorry about that!

Well I know more about engines than I do about sport.

I've got it now;

It was Lee who likes Leigh but not Wigan and lives in Northwich who had it done by a guy from Warrington. Yep. Got it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links