Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Picnic Security System

kuanik

It’s me again. Since my last post I did the following things:

- searched the forum and try the tricks with reprogramming the key and the one with holding both buttons on the fob, since then the fob opens and closes doors (except the driver’s) but the alarm is still on and the engine won’t start (when the key is turned into on position the lights on the dashboard come on, and nothing else happens)

- checked the Battery connections (seems OK)

Maybe a little feedback how the problem started. The car was not run for a couple of weeks (no insurance yet) and I wanted to move it a bit to get more room on the driveway. The doors wouldn’t open with the fob (tried many times) so I used the key on driver side (of course the alarm started) and then I didn’t know what to do at all. I put the key into the ignition in the end and turned it on and this made the siren silent. Since then the car won’t start and the alarm is on. I’ve run out of ideas what to do and I would appreciate any suggestions.

The car is Toyota Picnic 2.0 petrol 1998. The fob has the following symbols: MPT1340

W T LICENCE

EXEMPT

DENSO 1512T 1997.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links