Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Chip Reports

rav man

Has anyone fitted a tuning chip to their 2.2 D4D , and if so i would appreciate an honest (wouldnt expect anything less) report on whether its been a good / or bad investment. Make model and cost would be nice too (if thats not too cheeky) , Cheers Rav Man.

Has anyone fitted a tuning chip to their 2.2 D4D , and if so i would appreciate an honest (wouldnt expect anything less) report on whether its been a good / or bad investment. Make model and cost would be nice too (if thats not too cheeky) , Cheers Rav Man.
Ravman i have had a chip fitted for 12 mths now by lindop queensferry, p.m. kingo for up to date price, but around £400 fitted, i have done many posts about this, myself and peetee have one and both rate them, i suggest you do a search, as theres plenty of posts about them, I have to go to work now but will be happy to answer more fully later to-night.. :thumbsup:

Hi

We had a chip via Kingo Lindops (they fitted it) £400

PM or give him (Kingo) a ring. I found his description of what the chip does is accurate with regard to smoother power delivery and fuel savings.

If you drive normally you will notice the difference in performance and fuel.

With this sort of modification you are obliged to inform your insurance company.

I'm with Toyota Ins and they were happy once I declared it was supplied and fitted by main Toyota dealer.

I think this is a good upgrade which improves the drive performance a little but avoids the expense of a T180 and RF tyre problems.

Without getting bogged down with MPG figures a trip we do to our holiday home in mid wales mixed A roads (through talivan partenership vans) 92 miles eachway the wife used to hit 50.1 per gallon very often now we get indicated 56/57 mpg. I have measured the top up and these figures are'nt far out.

Around town normally 38-42 with wife driving short trips ; shopping yuk!! :(

Having said that I can never get the keys off the wife for our XT4 :angry:

Peteee

I sold one to a chap with a 2.2 RAV a few days ago who wrote a fantastic testimonial. I will post it up on my return to work next week. He went from 48 to 52 MPG overnight.

Kingo :thumbsup:

I sold one to a chap with a 2.2 RAV a few days ago who wrote a fantastic testimonial. I will post it up on my return to work next week. He went from 48 to 52 MPG overnight.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Further to my reply this AM, there are a lot of chips out there, some as little as £100, but like Peetee, i wanted the added confidence of having it fitted to my car by a toyota dealer, and a chip made for the car, some of the cheaper ones are universal, and fitted with the right leads for whatever vehicle you have, you then have to adjust them for your individual vehicle, I have to be honest and say that i was getting similar fuel figures to Peetee, 56+mpg however

when i checked it brim to brim i found a discrepency of up to 10 mpg.(nothing to do with the chip). A lot of people argue that you cannot have increased performance and better economy, but the truth is once you have given it a bit of a thrash to see what it will do, you will find you can potter around in a higher gear than you did before and achieve the same performance, the car is so much more responsive and you will feel this immediately, It will not turn your RAV in to a porsche, but you will surprise a lot of car drivers, I have my car, insured with Esure and including the chip its £385, Toyota wanted an extra £100 for the chip and in total would have been around £500 a pity as i would have prefered their cover, All in All i am very pleased with mine and would reccomend it to anyone and as you are in N Wales, get it done at lindop and you will have a huge grin on your face when you join the slip road for the A55,,I KNOW I DID :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links