Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust

weevicky

Since Saturday my car has been a bit louder than usual suddenly making large rattling noises from the engine and the exhaust I don't know what it is but some people say it sounds like the car needs a service but it was taken for a service when it hit 20,000 acuple of months ago.

Anyone else had this problem?

Taking it to toyota later to see if they can say anything

There seems to be a known problem where some of the welds for the baffles in

the back box are not up to par, causing the baffles to come loose and rattling.

Exhaust is knackered. need to get a new one and guess what not covered by warranty nd the price they are quoting me I might aswell go and get a performance exhaust system cos it will cost less haha

That doesn't make sense, why isn't it covered under warranty???

An exhaust should last longer than 3 years and you heven't even had it that long!

Surely if the baffles have come loose this is a manufacturing fault and therefore covered ?

If they say it isn't covered, ask them if they mean that the exhaust is supposed to last for just 20k and could you please have that in writing so you can pass it on to the motoring press.

Woooooooo!!!! Getting it replaced on warranty :) New back box :)

What did you do different now so it IS covered on warranty???

I used the "im a poor innocent wee girl" eyes and wimpered a little to the nice man :) Being female has its advantages and i dindt need to show any flesh :)

Next time you need to look innocent the first time; it'll save you a trip :D

Good to hear you're getting it sorted though...

• 6 months later...

Hi, new to forum but had Aygo for 2 years and 25,000miles now. Exhausts are gonna be a common problem by my experience. The pipe into the stainless silencer justs snaps off after x miles/years due to stress. Work this out..... citroen back box £68, Peugeot £75, Toyota £93!!!!

Work this out..... citroen back box £68, Peugeot £75, Toyota £93!!!!

fuel filter... citroen £36. Toyota £85

Where IS the Fuel Filter? The only reference I was able to find was a hose leading from

the pipe coming off of the pump goint to the fuel rail that's supposed to be/have a filter...

Hi, new to forum but had Aygo for 2 years and 25,000miles now. Exhausts are gonna be a common problem by my experience. The pipe into the stainless silencer justs snaps off after x miles/years due to stress. Work this out..... citroen back box £68, Peugeot £75, Toyota £93!!!!

I guess that is down to the vibration from the 3 pot motor yes ? I'm prepared to put up with that expense actually because I love the sound.

Where in Kent are you ( don't worry I am not a stalker ! :D )

I'm in Sevenoaks.

Regards

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links