Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stuffed Engine?

GT-FOURNZ

hi all my gt4 is f****d i think when i put my foot dwn it coughs and splutters can any1 give me any advice to what the hell is happening. starting to really tick me off!!!!!

how recently have you done a full service??

Checked spark plugs and leads?

My car a while ago was messed up and it was just needing new leads.

Checked the ECU for error codes?

Check For Codes

also as yours is air flow metered, check all hoses for splits and leaks.

as said though it possably needs the ignition system servicing

i have checked for error codes but got nothing. will check plugs and leads today and have checked for vacuum leaks but cnt find any . also noticed "'mayo'' looking stuf under oil cap only a tiny bit tho and i know what that means.... head gasket..... dam it all, hasnt over heated tho which is a good thing.

cheers for ur help

noticed "'mayo'' looking stuf under oil cap only a tiny bit tho and i know what that means.... head gasket.....

Not nessesssserrrilly.

In winter months it's quite common for a bit of mayo to build up, especially if you're not doing long runs, or if the car isn't performing properly.

Yes, it may be HGF, but it might not be; I wouldn't assume the worst unless you have other symptoms too.

noticed "'mayo'' looking stuf under oil cap only a tiny bit tho and i know what that means.... head gasket.....

Not nessesssserrrilly.

In winter months it's quite common for a bit of mayo to build up, especially if you're not doing long runs, or if the car isn't performing properly.

Yes, it may be HGF, but it might not be; I wouldn't assume the worst unless you have other symptoms too.

Yea car has been sitting for a week or so and like i said it was the smallest amount of ''mayo'' and i cnt see any oil in the water

Well done.

Which one had split?

number 3 lead had split, looked like someone had a go at it with a hacksaw them taped it up haha but shes running mint now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links