Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Celica Leaking Coolant

bhotshot007

hi there wondering if i could get some help - my car is leaking coolant fron the expansion/resevoir tank i keep filling it up and it goes about an hour or so after driving it - i was looking for leaks but i can't seem to find any- anyone had a problem like this before with their Gen 7.

If you have no visible coolant dripping anywhere, then one thing you might want to check is your dip stick & oil cap. If it has yellow muck on/around it, then your head gasket has gone.

If the gasket has gone, it'll need replacing and likely that they need to have the head machined as well. The worst case is that you can burn the engine if the coolant isn't goes down too much.

Well that's going from past experience.

hi i had the same problem when i first got my celica. would top it up and ater a trip round the block all the collant gone. but no signs of leaks. what i did was just put so much coolant in it take it round the block come bk do it again then after id put loads in it stayed up and has been there for 5 months now. so just try putting loads in ( use water mostly with alitle bit of coolant saves money )theres a topic on here from when i had the problem do a search for it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links