Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuly Synthetic Oil

GT4 BOOSTER

anyone running a 3sfe on fully / semi synth oil . thinking of going onto it when i do the mrs next oil change .

anyone running a 3sfe on fully / semi synth oil . thinking of going onto it when i do the mrs next oil change .

Well I never....remember what oil goes into that engine. I used to pour in the normal mineral 15/40 as it leaked out the crankshaft seal. For the 3SGTE, I left it to The Garage as they know better than me.

Theres a few others who know more about the synthetic oil who will come along on their tea break I'm sure!

Moved the landrover today - and left a line of black oil down the driveway slabs! Traced the leak to it being blown out the dipstick tube - grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry: Wonder if its possible to buy coloured oil for it to match the red chips?

I only use fully synthetic in very new engines as it has an amzing ability to cling to cylinder walls etc. In an older os slightly worn engine this often leads to excessive consumption.

I use Morris semi synthetic for most engines unless it specifically calls for fully synthetic.

Been using Castrol full synthetic since 2000 on my Rav 4.2 continuing with my T180 and my Supercharged and Intercooled Jetski. Not having any mechanical qualifications I don't know the full ramifications of using a fully synthetic oil but, like the fact that, it in my humble opinion, given its sae rating, it would give faster protection to a cold engine from start up etc. Also noticed less oil consumption generally speaking.

I'd be very cautious about putting fully synthetic in a 10 year old engine that isn't used to it. I've read lots of stories of people having problems with older engines when they've done this. I've no idea whether they're true, but on the basis that there may be something to them, I'd stay clear.

I don't think you need it anyway - if you change your oil at the recommended intervals and let your engine warm up properly then a decent regular oil will do the job it's designed to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links