Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trolley Jack And Axle Stands

nickw

Where is the best place to place axles to support the rear of the car. I cannot see any obvious place. Also where is the best place to jack up with a trolley other than the place shown in the manual. Thanks nick

depends what you ar edoing and how big the head of your jack is, under the chassis rails is a good place. looks like box section running the length of the car. axle stands i usually put on the wheel changing points

I need to change my rear discs and pads. The rail section looked to far in too towards the middle of the car and the there is only seems to be a small area behind the jack point. I tried to look at where you put yours post on how to change the discs, which is brilliant by the way. Did you manage to squeeze the jack and axle stand just on that box section behind the sill by the jacking point. Thanks for your help.........

what i do is jack the car up on the wheel changing point then put an axle stand as close as i can on the sill to jack head. then lower the car slightly so there is just a little pressure on the axle stand but majority on the jack head. that way you will pretty much halve the chance of the jack failing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links