Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Does It Take

martin_longbow

Was on my way home tonight after dropping my son at a party. On the road in front of me a vauxhall corsa had just stopped. Like came to a halt in the middle of the road and put the hazards on, did not pull into the side or anything.

So i pass and look in the car, there is two young girls in it. I pull in a little in front of it to offer some assistance.

Have you broken down?.....Well sort of, what do you mean sort of ....ah well I have just ran out of petrol. I am just missing out all the giggling. The car is about two miles outside my village on the A71 a busy road. I agree to go get them petrol as they come from a village about 12 miles away. Tell them to get out of the car and stand on the grass verge...why...so I explained to them....more giggles...ok we will wait on the verge.

So 15 minutes later and now armed with a full petrol can. I ask for her keys. Making light conversation while putting the petrol in I ask if her petrol gauge works ok. Yes it works ok....lots of giggles. I just hate putting in petrol. So I also ask if there is a light as a warning on the dash that comes on as you are close to running out of petrol?....Oh yes there is a light that comes on....lots and lots of giggles.

So you know your car needs petrol to run, your guage is low and there is a light on, and you still did not get petrol.

Well she said the light comes on but it does not flash or make any beeping sounds......................

What does it take for some people ??? Now finally I could join in with her and her pal with the giggling......he he

and no she was not blonde

they need to fit an extending arm tht slaps them around the face until they fill they damn thing up, either that or helpful people like you should follow this

1)stop and ask if they need help

2)when told they are out of fuel ask if the petrol gauge works

3) if yes ask if warning light works

4) if yes giggle and get in your car

5) drive off and leave the daft cows at the side of the road

I was behind some bloke in a Vectra today and his driver side rear tyre was flat - as in - anyone with half a brain would be able to tell.

I flashed him at some lights and pointed to his wheel so he just flipped me the bird!

Luckily for him he didn't quite make it onto the national speed limit road which was obviously where he was heading. About a mile after the lights and a minute of smoke, his hub cap popped off and he went into the curb on his rim.

I was so tempted to drive past and flip him... instead I just drove past. :P

How could he not realise that his tyre was *completely* flat.

ahhh god are you blonde???

You lost me there

they need to fit an extending arm tht slaps them around the face until they fill they damn thing up, either that or helpful people like you should follow this

1)stop and ask if they need help

2)when told they are out of fuel ask if the petrol gauge works

3) if yes ask if warning light works

4) if yes giggle and get in your car

5) drive off and leave the daft cows at the side of the road

Man thats harsh!.....lol

How could he not realise that his tyre was *completely* flat.

Maybe he thought it wasn't too bad as it was only flat at the bottom ! :P

Did she pay you for the petrol? cos she could actually be a very clever, with petrol prices as they are she could have masterminded ways of getting free petrol :D

*After you had gone*

*More giggles* Then saying to her mate..........."Only another two more and the tank will be full" :rolleyes:

Probably would have done the same myself (must be an age thing).....only if they were fit, mind ;) :lol:

yea maybe they were looking for a nice fella to get petrol for them?? so they could have a little entertainment for the evening??? ;)

This sort of story makes you question the whole stop for someone in need, as plainly in this case its self inflicated.

No wonder i just drive on by (unless their female and fit, DOH) :lol:

With petrol prices these days of course she paid for the petrol....

God do I come across as that naive

well a few years ago, if i saw a lad in a celica behind me, of course i'd play the "damsel in distress" for the pure craic! did ya even check her fuel gauge???

well a few years ago, if i saw a lad in a celica behind me, of course i'd play the "damsel in distress" for the pure craic! did ya even check her fuel gauge???

OF COURSE I DID

alright, still think they were doing it on purpose!

alright, still think they were doing it on purpose!

& I had the impression from My stays in Wexford that its people were generous, kind & trusting ! :eek::fear: :lol2: :lol:

Ok but please tell us what happed that makes you so suspicious....????

Now this could get interesting :huh:

no you come across as male...lol ...two pretty young giggley ladies....am sure you can see where I am going with this :lol: am with molly..lol

no you come across as male...lol ...two pretty young giggley ladies....am sure you can see where I am going with this :lol: am with molly..lol

See Martin...The older male generation offering assistance (because it is how we were brought up) these days gets accused of being a lech :yes:

Next time, drive by and be like the present generation :(

thank you!! the giggling part is what gives it away like. and yes wexford people are generous, kind and trusting :D

See Martin...The older male generation offering assistance (because it is how we were brought up) these days gets accused of being a lech :yes:

Next time, drive by and be like the present generation :(

:lol: no thats not quite what I meant, firstly Martin could have been 18 for all I knew, I just meant, as molly agrees, two giggly lasses are likely to be making an attepmt to get free fuel from a bloke, obviously it didnt work..lol, girls try stuff like this all the time all the time..lol, not me of course :unsure: am too old for starters..lol

.... girls try stuff like this all the time all the time..lol, not me of course :unsure: am too old for starters..lol

Your not too old :blink: especially if the guy is older :yes:

ahh sure it probably made their night anyway!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links