Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spark Plug Spanner

trickytree

Could anyone be so kind as to inform me as to what size plug spanner/Socket I need for a 1997 Corolla 1.3...the plugs are deeper down than I have come across before and no spanner I have will reach down far enough, I cant find the size in the haynes manual. thanks in advance.

Could anyone be so kind as to inform me as to what size plug spanner/Socket I need for a 1997 Corolla 1.3...the plugs are deeper down than I have come across before and no spanner I have will reach down far enough, I cant find the size in the haynes manual. thanks in advance.

Spark plug socket required is 10mm spark plug size (NOT to be confused with 'normal' 10mm size socket which would be way to tiny!).

** spark plug sockets go in 'sizes' that refer to the size across the threads of the plug**

It will usually be a 3/8th square drive so a long 3/8th extension bar, then ratchet will surfice.

When replacing please, please, PLEASE, make sure you do not cross thread - it is very easy to do with cylinder head!

Incidently there is/was a special spark plug socket supplied in the original tool kit issued with these cars but usually a previous owner will have 'nabbed' it.

Thanks very much for that info...had the car off my brother who had it from new so no chance of getting the supplied socket..lol

Incidently Halfords do this spark plug set :

(yes I know people laugh at Halfords sometimes :rolleyes: but ...their tool range is extremely good value for DIY'ers)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...egoryId_159924#

...And don't bother with brush in set - the days of 'cleaning up a plug' have long since gone :D

Incidently Halfords do this spark plug set :

(yes I know people laugh at Halfords sometimes :rolleyes: but ...their tool range is extremely good value for DIY'ers)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...egoryId_159924#

...And don't bother with brush in set - the days of 'cleaning up a plug' have long since gone :D

Do you mean that you can no longer go to a Garage,& have your plugs put in the special machine for Sandblasting? & get them back like new, for free? :wacko::crybaby::lol:

For any of you too young to remember :arrgg-matey: , I'm not joking . It was a service like free Air & Water :thumbsup:

Do you mean that you can no longer go to a Garage,& have your plugs put in the special machine for Sandblasting? & get them back like new, for free? :wacko::crybaby::lol:

For any of you too young to remember :arrgg-matey: , I'm not joking . It was a service like free Air & Water :thumbsup:

YES................I remember those days :thumbsup:

Trouble was with me I had to walk to the local garage with my plugs for sandblasting as I could not afford a spare set ;) :lol:

YES................I remember those days :thumbsup:

Trouble was with me I had to walk to the local garage with my plugs for sandblasting as I could not afford a spare set ;) :lol:

Yes :thumbsup: Bin There . Done that & the T-shirt's long out of fashion :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links