Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice Commands

schlang1971

Hi,

I am a new memeber and have recently got an 04 D4D T4, does anyone know if it has the voice commands for radio and sat nav? and if so how I can get them to work.

Cheers

Schlang

Although it does have the steering wheel control it doesn't have the voice commands on this model. I thought the same when I bought my T4.

Although it does have the steering wheel control it doesn't have the voice commands on this model. I thought the same when I bought my T4.

Just the TSpirit I think. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Just the TSpirit I think. :huh:

I have the T-Spirit - cannot get the voice commands to work either - anyone any ideas?

To initially operate the voice command you have to be in the sat nav mode first then press the button on the top right hand side oif the steering wheel. A small icon appears on the screen for about 5 to 10 seconds during which time you speak the commang for eg 'FM 1' or 'FM2' to change the radio station. Once set even in the info display mode the voice controls will work. It only recognises certain commands, these are in the handbook if you have one, if not the local Toyota dealer should be able to get you one. It can be frustrating and quite funny though as it sometimes misunderstands the command. Let me know if you get it working,

Cheers

RichC

It can be frustrating and quite funny though as it sometimes misunderstands the command.

From what I know of voice recognition from my mates Fiesta its a complete waste of time, at least for the radio commands. If you are lucky enough to get it to recognise your command, by the time it takes to change station you could have done it manually about ten times over! OK, I know you have to take a hand off the wheel to do it but thats far less distracting than futile attempts to get the VR to work in the way it should.

In other words, do you need it? Nooooooooo............. :ffs:

I think the voice functions only work if you have the full colour sat-nav like mine! :P

My g/f has the D4D T4 and the voice button on the steering wheel does nothing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links