Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vehicle Conversion

Plenty

Hello,

Does anyone knows who can convert Toyota Harrier 4x4 (RX300-Lexus) from RHD to LHD, as I want to export this vehicle abroad asap, please? Any quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Plenty.

it may be possible but the costs would be prohibitive.

the Shell of the car is most likely made in either LHD or RHD so would need modifications.

then there is the cost of the parts (dash, heater, steering column and rack etc).

you may still be able to drive it in the new country as a RHD if you want to keep it

[Thank you for your reply. I know it is possible to have it changed from RHD to LHD. It's finding who can do it very well that is a problem. It cannot be driven as RHD in the country car is to be shipped, as a law has been passed for RHD to be converted once shipped into the country. I would have shipped it like that and get it converted there but finishing in Africa is not very good. Thanks anyway.]

• 4 months later...

The "conversion" would cost many times more then the vehicle is worth. RX300s are available in LHD anyway (american market for starters, not to mention europe...

I assume the RX300/Harrier runs a Monocoque chasis as opposed to a "proper" 4x4 seperate body and frame, if this is true there would be serious questions about the structural integrety after being "converted" as the bulkhead would need cutting out and removing, which is a serious structural part of the vehicle!

I find it hard to believe that any developed country prohibits any vehicles being driven due drive side orientation, where is it going exactly?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your contribution. I have finally found a mechanic who is able to do the conversion . Now I am face with getting the dashboard and the steering rack. I have been soucing in USA for the LHD Complete Dashboard for the Lexus RX300 1998 Model, as this is the same with the HArrier Dash, I have not got any joy yet. Can anyone help with a contact-who sells parts in USA ,Belgium or Germany please????.

• 4 months later...
Thank you very much for your contribution. I have finally found a mechanic who is able to do the conversion . Now I am face with getting the dashboard and the steering rack. I have been soucing in USA for the LHD Complete Dashboard for the Lexus RX300 1998 Model, as this is the same with the HArrier Dash, I have not got any joy yet. Can anyone help with a contact-who sells parts in USA ,Belgium or Germany please????.

Did you get this sorted out?

I am looking at converting 80 series Landcruiser to LHD and would appreciate any info.

Regards

Faz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links