Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Avensis

dangermoose

im going to buy a used toyota my first choice is an avensis 1.8 petrol t3-x but i was away on test drive in a 2004 2.0 petrol t spirit and loved it will i notice much difference in the fuel consumption before i make the plunge i also notice the tax is cheaper in the 1.8 litre + when i go to sell this again in say 3-4 years which 1 should be the easier to sell on

The T3x is a nice car it comes with all the toys. T Spirit has a few more extras, rear sun blind, some leather trim & 17 inch rims which i think give a very harsh ride. Leave others to comment about that. Have you considered 2Ltr D4D engine (not 2.2) has very low emissions which brings low tax brand. On a long steady run will return 50 mpg, shows upto 56mpg sometimes (take that with a pinch of salt) you would be hard pushed to match 50mpg with the petrol engines.

I'd try a diesel too. I had a replacement D4D TR with 17s on it. Compared to my D4D CC with 16s, it was actually quieter but still took speed bumps in it's stride! ;)

I have the 2.0 vvti t-spirit. two words - love it.

usually drive round town and get 33-35 to gallon. cheap to service (no belt to change like the diesel). when I drive it hard I love it. no engine noise - just tyre/wind noise in the cabin.

g/f used to have the previous model 1.8 and to be honest it was gutless when you wanted response. the suspension was also very soft. she now has 2.0 d4d T4 and its noisy. she gets approx 44mpg. when I drive it I always stall at least once (I forget the extra revs needed to set off) initial accelleration is poor but the torque is good once the car is moving.

My 17" alloys look mean and the Bridgestone RE050 tyres grip like mad. The suspension is firm - but I prefer that to bouncing about.

Go for a t-spirit and get all the bells and whistles. there lots of extra safey features on the braking side and its FULL leather (did someone say there was some leather in it!!!)

Mine has done 55k now and inside it still looks like new.

The avensis is one of the highest depreciatin cars on the market so you should always look for the highest spec model which has depreciated most to get the best bargain. At 3 years old expect to pay 40% of the initial salling price from a dealer.

use toyotas website to scour the dealer network to find the car you want. I bought mine from a dealership 90 miles away.

Yes someone did say you get a bit of leather. Fortunately i live in Ireland (Despite the awful weather at this moment in time) unfortunately Irish Toyota dealers do not offer the full range of Avensis models that you have in the UK. I think you have 5 or 6 variants as to 3 models in Ireland, strange as Toyota overall are the biggest brand of car make in Ireland. Excuse my mistake, but I would still go for the D4D it may not have the initial pickup of the petrol model but that is down to DMF flywheel & the way it works. As to the belt change at 60,000 miles its not so much of a big job, you spend more time removing plastic covers from around o/s of engine bay than the belt change it self. Regards Beagh.

Yes someone did say you get a bit of leather. Fortunately i live in Ireland (Despite the awful weather at this moment in time) unfortunately Irish Toyota dealers do not offer the full range of Avensis models that you have in the UK. I think you have 5 or 6 variants as to 3 models in Ireland, strange as Toyota overall are the biggest brand of car make in Ireland. Excuse my mistake, but I would still go for the D4D it may not have the initial pickup of the petrol model but that is down to DMF flywheel & the way it works. As to the belt change at 60,000 miles its not so much of a big job, you spend more time removing plastic covers from around o/s of engine bay than the belt change it self. Regards Beagh.

try a 2.2 diesel and you'll not want anything else. its night and day from the stodgy 2.0D. We have a 2.0D pool car here, heavy clutch, 5 speed only and sluggish like hell, would never have one like that. Got myself the 2.2 after trying our sales rep's car and WOW -a light 6 speed box, light clutch, it takes off like a rocket and still get great mpg. Its a wee bit noisy at 2100-2200rpm but that it, no contest.

I have an 03 plate TX-3 D4D use it as a taxi get around 38mpg around town and have had up to 49mpg on a short motorway journey (60miles) and that was driving at around 80 mph (shh don't tell the cops)

I can get 0-40 in under 10 seconds which for a diesel is pretty good

TAX Band for 2.0litre D4D should only rise by £10 over the next few years

Toyota Avensis Hatchback (03 on)

2.0 D-4D T3-X 5d

Rates effective from 13 March 2008

Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km)

1 May 2003 – 1 Feb 2006 £79.75 £145.00 D 155

Rates effective from April 2009

1 May 2003 – 1 Feb 2006 £82.50 £150.00 G 155

Rates effective from April 2010

1 May 2003 – 1 Feb 2006 £85.25 £155.00 G 155

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links