Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Upgrade Speakers For E12

macdonb2

I don't currently have tweeters in my car - there are two air vents that don't seem to be pumping out any air on the dash quite close to the edge of the dashboard either side - i am putting my tweeters in there and the speaker in the normal place on the door - is this a viable option?

Both Speakers should be on the door, one at the bottom and the tweeter should be where the mirror mount is.

It might not be in your car due to model differences, think the T2/T3 only have four Speakers, T-Spirit/T-Sport have six Speakers.

If i get time will try and take some pics and show you.

You can mount the tweeters where you wanted too, can't see that being a prob, just need to mount the facing towards you than upwards, otherwise the sound will reflect off the windowscreen then into the car.

Too late Speakers arrived today so they're going in!! pillars are best option for tweers i think due to time delay between low and high frequency hitting your ear hence the mid and low being mounted low in your car and the tweeters being higher up!! them air vents are to help demist your side windows in winter etc so maybe try the cover on top of the doo where your wing mirror is. I'll fit these this wkend an post pics then see if they sound ok with four tweeters!!

Man bing did you put new wiring in for the speaks in your door or did you use toyota stuff??

Man bing did you put new wiring in for the speaks in your door or did you use toyota stuff??

All the speaker i installed into the car got new cabling, the original loom is still there if i want to put back the original Speakers

I used Qed Silver Anniversary cable, more for home hifi than for car installs

Bing

:thumbsup:

All the speaker i installed into the car got new cabling, the original loom is still there if i want to put back the original Speakers

I used Qed Silver Anniversary cable, more for home hifi than for car installs

Bing

:thumbsup:

Well for me it was all too late haha as i have installed the Speakers now - the tweeters went into those air vents perfectly and have been all connected up now - the main vents are still in use in their original capacity and the tweeters are facing upwards and higher than the woofers but oh well lol - thats life haha - hope it all works a treat when they have been allowed to settle down haha - i will post pics soon

just installed my infinity's there(compliments of the legend who is smoftah) took longer than expected but soooooooooooo worth it they sound great big improvement on stock! now whats next :g:

btw if anyone else is thinking of upgrading if you want to use existing mounts the toyota Speakers have to be broken out so no going back!!

btw if anyone else is thinking of upgrading if you want to use existing mounts the toyota speakers have to be broken out so no going back!!

I'm sure you can buy other speaker rings to replace them, or if your a diy buff make some yourself from some MDF

I went through hell and back to find speaker adaptors - you need "Connects2" for the front and "Autoleads" for the rear (ignore the fact in the catalgue it says 13cm front) - both courtesy of Motorworld in the UK. Any other info needed then pm me as i still have the boxes they came in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links