Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Upgrade Speakers For E12

macdonb2

Hey i will hopefully upgrading the door Speakers in my t-spirit this week and was wondering what i should or shouldn't go for the front are 6.5 and rear are 5.5 i think. CHEERS!!

This topic has been covered many times, if you do a search, but yes they are the sizes for the front and rears for your car, same as mine :yes:

Any idea's what your going to change them too?

Bing

:thumbsup:

Sorry didn't explain myself properly thats what i need info on, not sure what brand to buy, smoftah recommends infinity but i can't find a retailer in ireland for them, i was looking at pioneer e motion which should work out at about 160 euro!! any thoughts?

that's really sound of you mate thanks and you would recommend them alot over the stock? meant to say to you aswell i have a second toyota sub do you think it would be worth installing that aswell??

i'm trying one more shop tmo then i'll have an answer for you. thanks again

I would definitely recommend these Speakers. I have fitted them to all my previous cars and from hearing them in my car a number of my friends have bought them too.

The sound quality was the best from the range that Halfords had on demo.

I dont think you can install the second sub because of the wiring to the headunit only allows one sub to connect to the car, unless you could solder it in to the current wiring somehow.

Just give me a shout when you have an answer, I am in Egypt at the moment and will return on the 17th of August

sound will do i was going to splice into the lead coming out of the head unit to the sub in at the moment. will keep you updated if it works thanks again enjoy egypt!!

sound will do i was going to splice into the lead coming out of the head unit to the sub in at the moment. will keep you updated if it works thanks again enjoy egypt!!

Just a word of advice, just make sure you don't overload it and attach too much from it.

I don't know what the power output it's giving out, but last thing you want it for it to go bang!!

might not be worth doin mate, as i think the power will be halfed between the 2 subs therefore it will sound exactly the same having just the one, but let us know how you get on with that mate.

as for the orginal question, can really reccommend the alpine type R's, not the type E's or S's only the type R's, i've had them before an thinkin bout upgarding my Speakers in corolla an if i do it will be to them

would it be possible to connect an amp to the original head unit?

It doesn't have any pre-outs but you can buy such thing to change it.

What are you planning to use the amp for, to run a sub or such like from it or all the Speakers in the car?

Bing

:thumbsup:

it would be to power all Speakers and the sub which is toyota one and not very big :(

basically i want goos sound which can be cranked up modestly!! but i really don't want to change the head unit everyting else i'll change also don't want sub in boot!!

it would be to power all speakers and the sub which is toyota one and not very big :(

basically i want goos sound which can be cranked up modestly!! but i really don't want to change the head unit everyting else i'll change also don't want sub in boot!!

i'm sure i've seen something before that Alpine do that links to standard head unit to give you pre-outs for connecting amps. but on the toyota sub is it standard RCA cable on it?

no it's a lead which basically splices off the main audio lead entering the head unit here's pic of the sub connection!! DSCN3072.jpg i know what each cable in the toyota audio loom does what so would i be able to make up something from that? how are the amps normally connected?

Didn't we cover something like this sometime ago :bookworm:

ha ha we did we did but i have that all sorted and connected now, my new prob is i'd like to install an amp to boost power if i get new Speakers and give me the ability to add the second sub, as you rose a valid point about me blowing the h/u up.........which is something i'm good at!!:blowup:

iv changed my original headunit to a single din i mean that myt be worth doing if u wanna because you'l definately have you pre outs then and possible better sound quality depending on the headunit. im changing my Speakers nxt week lemme know how you get along and wether it was difficult if you dont mind.

[lemme know how you get along and wether it was difficult if you dont mind.

will do just waiting on them to be delivered smoftah has kindly ordered them for me as the rear ones were out of stock!!

I've ordered JL Audio VR650 Components and VR525 Coaxials for my T3 (6.5" and 5.25" respectively haha) - managed to get "connect2" adaptors (came without wiring and mounting screws) and "Autoleads" rear speaker adaptors for the door cards hoping this will allow for a decent fitament - i am keeping the original headunit for time being and may be upgrading at a later date to the "Sony GT929U" after xmas.

Please let me know how you both get on as mine aren't arriving until wednesday and am hoping to fit them at the weekend.

ye will do mate iv got my front ones they are the diamond m661 components but i'm still waiting for my rear ones they are hertz cant rem the model number will post it when i can lol.

ye will do mate iv got my front ones they are the diamond m661 components but i'm still waiting for my rear ones they are hertz cant rem the model number will post it when i can lol.

Where are you mounting the tweeters??? And how are you fixing them into the door?

Where are you mounting the tweeters??? And how are you fixing them into the door?

In my car, took the old tweeters off there mounting brackets and mounted my new tweeters off of them.

They were about the same size, so where they fitted before was the same.

if i connect a coaxial in the front doors what effect would this have considering i already have tweeters???

if i connect a coaxial in the front doors what effect would this have considering i already have tweeters???

Prob sound really odd, as you will have a full range speaker at the bottom with tweeters at the top both giving out sound. Disconnect the tweeter will help this but best if you stuck to having comp Speakers for the front doors.

Prob sound really odd, as you will have a full range speaker at the bottom with tweeters at the top both giving out sound. Disconnect the tweeter will help this but best if you stuck to having comp Speakers for the front doors.

I don't currently have tweeters in my car - there are two air vents that don't seem to be pumping out any air on the dash quite close to the edge of the dashboard either side - i am putting my tweeters in there and the speaker in the normal place on the door - is this a viable option?