Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spark Plugs

FIAT500

To Fiat 500,

Try NGK BKR5EYA-11, or better still use Halfords Spark Plug book for other option if you want to go down the pricey platinum multi electrode tip plug route. Exspensive I think, NGK, Bosch or CHAMPION still as good as anything else on the market.

To Fiat 500,

Try NGK BKR5EYA-11, or better still use Halfords Spark Plug book for other option if you want to go down the pricey platinum multi electrode tip plug route. Exspensive I think, NGK, BOSCH or CHAMPION still as good as anything else on the market.

Is there any advantage to the 'posh' sparkplugs over the standard ones?

I always saw them as a fashion statement rather than an improvement - then again, I haven't had a performance car for years !

Fiat500,

Get yourself to LT motors in Stockton. They'll have what you want and it'll be cheap !

Myself I can see no difference in posh plugs & normal standard plugs, if your engine is running right they will both be a nice brown to greyish colour upon inspection. Alfa Romeo used if my memory serves me right "Golden Lodge?" in the old Alfasuds back in the 80's. Alfa claimed you could burn holes in your pistons if you used other brands, i ran the various "Sud's" I owned on standard Champion plugs with a Luminition electronic ignition kit. It's more important to have your plug gaps set correctly, your timing absolutely spot on & fuel/air mixture spot on. All know a thing of the past as these are all controlled by ECMs, ECUs & various sensors around the engine. Save your money & buy NGK, Bosch or Champion standard plugs, wait for other forum users views, they may differ completely.

Hi,

which spark plugs do people recommend for a W reg 1.8 gs avensis estate?

regards

FIAT500

hi

I always install DENSO's spark plugs and they serve me 10k km.

These are recomended for this engine.

Cheers/Igor

Via Autodata Denso are the correct plugs to fit with a recommendation for NGK. Trouble is it can depend on your country or area you live in. You can get the Denso plugs from Toyota no problem at considerable cost, but if I use my local motor factor who would be a 30 mile drive he only stocks Champion & NGK at 1/2 the price of Denso. Horses for Courses, i wouldn't get to hung up over spark plugs, just stick to a well known brand name & you won't go far wrong.

Via Autodata Denso are the correct plugs to fit with a recommendation for NGK. Trouble is it can depend on your country or area you live in. You can get the Denso plugs from Toyota no problem at considerable cost, but if I use my local motor factor who would be a 30 mile drive he only stocks Champion & NGK at 1/2 the price of Denso. Horses for Courses, i wouldn't get to hung up over spark plugs, just stick to a well known brand name & you won't go far wrong.

hello

naturally - i leave this problem to MrT and never think about plugs - this is MRT's responsisbility.

cheers

hello

naturally - i leave this problem to MrT and never think about plugs - this is MRT's responsisbility.

cheers

Hi, thanks for all the advice.

i think my car needs a service, as it has not had one for 3 years, and both filters and spark plugs need changing, hopefully this will correct the shudder that is happening, not very heavy shudder but is playing on my mind as when I bought the car and drove it home, more than 20 miles it didn't shudder at all, the same on the test drive.

read a few posts on here and one guy said he changed the plugs and leads and it sorted the problem.

regards

FIAT500

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links