Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glad T-sport And Verso Sub Forum Has Been Removed

Twincam.GTi

I for one would like to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ for the removal of the T-Sport and Verso ‘sub forum’.

I was getting a little annoyed that the ‘New Cars’ had there own ‘special’ area –

-why was this ever done in the first place?

For example I never saw a sub forum for ‘KE 70 (1978 – 82) Corolla’ or sub forum for ‘4AGE powered 80’s Corollas’ etc etc. so why a sub forum in the first place for the ‘New stuff’ … …elitist ???

This ‘set up’ also makes me wounder if there is a certain ‘bias’ towards ‘New Tin’ – surely a car clubs primary objective is the preservation of older models ! ?

Before I get ‘flamed’ I would like to stress I like ALL cars OLD and NEW so to me having all Corollas together is correct – be it a 1966 KE10 or modern day T-SPORT.

Are we not all vehicle enthusiasts together. ;)

:)

I for one would like to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ for the removal of the T-Sport and Verso ‘sub forum’.

I was getting a little annoyed that the ‘New Cars’ had there own ‘special’ area –

-why was this ever done in the first place?

For example I never saw a sub forum for ‘KE 70 (1978 – 82) Corolla’ or sub forum for ‘4AGE powered 80’s Corollas’ etc etc. so why a sub forum in the first place for the ‘New stuff’ … …elitist ???

This ‘set up’ also makes me wounder if there is a certain ‘bias’ towards ‘New Tin’ – surely a car clubs primary objective is the preservation of older models ! ?

Before I get ‘flamed’ I would like to stress I like ALL cars OLD and NEW so to me having all Corollas together is correct – be it a 1966 KE10 or modern day T-SPORT.

Are we not all vehicle enthusiasts together. ;)

well said. we wont have lost any rolla enthusiasts i dont think. The GXi should have its own forum as its much more elite!

Here here, well said that man............it's changed, move on....end of

Kingo :thumbsup:

I fefuse to converse with drivers of a lower standard Corolla :angry:

:lol:

Only kidding, the main gripe is the fact that people were used to having the sub forum and it was removed without consulation or warning.

Most CTS owners frequented both boards and non CTS owners were never made to feel un-welcome if they posted in the CTS forum.

If the change had been managed better there might not have been so much bad feeling about it.

:thumbsup:

ae102

...The GXi should have its own forum as its much more elite!

And that is exactly my point EVERY enthusiasts car is important regardless of age or rarity or value and at the end of the day it is somebodys 'Pride and Joy'.

Norfolk n Chance

I fefuse to converse with drivers of a lower standard Corolla :angry:

Begining your pardon squire :D

Norfolk n Chance

Only kidding, the main gripe is the fact that people were used to having the sub forum and it was removed without consulation or warning.

Most CTS owners frequented both boards and non CTS owners were never made to feel un-welcome if they posted in the CTS forum.

If the change had been managed better there might not have been so much bad feeling about it.

Ah yes, done without consultation - I respect and accept that

As a none CTS owner I did think perhaps I would not be welcome on CTS forum (admit silly me :unsure: ) - as I did notice a few EOBD fault code issues that I could have helped with - but felt 'it not my place'.

Many thanks and points duly noted.

I'm afraid that none of you understand the issue in regard to the Verso sub-forum.

The Verso shares practically nothing with the standard Corolla - it's a completely different car. If it doesn't warrant its own section then using that logic you should just have one single forum for all the different types of Toyota.

Since the Verso forum was mixed in with the Corolla forum I have seen hardly any posts for the Verso. The effect has not been to mix the two but the Verso posts have simply stopped.

This is genocide!!!

so apart from the mods they was only one person getting sick of the sub forums.......... lol

so apart from the mods they was only one person getting sick of the sub forums.......... lol

One Corolla owner it would seem from this thread, but you'll find there are also owners of other makes of car on this forum..... shocking I know.... but we let all the riffraff in I'm afraid..... ;) :lol:

Oh and mods are members too, don't forget that! ;)

I don't have a problem with it. Now it just means more people have to look at my pointless babblings.

See?!?

Demonic Angel Posted Aug 15 2008, 06:01 PM

QUOTE(borodaz @ Aug 15 2008, 05:26 PM)

One Corolla owner it would seem from this thread, but you'll find there are also owners of other makes of car on this forum..... shocking I know.... but we let all the riffraff in I'm afraid..... ;) :lol:

Oh and mods are members too, don't forget that! ;)

Perhaps my original word of 'annoyed' was wrong - and certainly I was not "sick of" :D

I supose the word I should of used was 'concerned' :rolleyes:

As for owners of other makes of car ...yep ...gotta agree there for it includes ME in that description!

Well if I now have to wade through loads of C**p that I'm not remotely interested in then I won't be bothering in future - life's too short! :(

spoke

Well if I now have to wade through loads of C**p that I'm not remotely interested in then I won't be bothering in future - life's too short! :(

:o :o :o

But surely if you are on this forum you must have some interest in vehicles in general (be interested in repairing cars, what makes them 'tick' and so on)?

Well it's a good job cheerful people like you have had a Verso forum created then isn't it?

Now you won't have to wade through our c**p!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links