Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Corolla Forward O2 Sensor

Eddie from Long Island

I had some exaust work done a few months back and the mechanic said he had to heay up the pipe by the front O2 sensor and it may go bad. Well, my check engine light came on, we pulled the codes and it came up CATALETIC problem (ie. Front, rear o2 sensor or converter) so, I changed the front O2 sensor as a guess. It was a Bosch replacement, with a shorter head to stick into the pipe (makes me suspicious). The guy at Auto Zone would not reset my computer, said it was against DOT laws to do so. I disconected the NEG Battery lead for 40 min and the check enging light went out and has stayed out for 125 miles. The car hesitates on take off now, and did not with the old sensor. My question is, could it be the wrong O2 sensor, OR does the computer need to be reset to recognize the new part, or does it take more time to see the new part? Please write me directly if possible

Thanks in advance please e mail me directly at ---------> Eds e mail

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links