Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace Required!

lonepilgrim

I am in desperate need of a strut brace for my 1.6 VVT-i 5dr E12.

The story so far is ...

I looked on TTE website and emailed them who sent me to the dealer (which was the advice previously given to me by CKMAN85 - which helped but had the same outcome) the dealer said nope that part number does not exist!! I gave them both these numbers 48690-YW601 (RHD) and this one TD460-19917-00 (again RHD).

So i emailed TTE.de and asked them how i would get hold of one - the response was as follows:

"The top strut brace should be available at UK dealers as a spare part from Corolla T-Sport Compressor, genuine part no is 48690-YW601.Please contact your local dealer for delivery and quotation."

So i emailed numerous dealerships in the Southwest of England with no success saying that part does not exist!!

Can ANYONE help me out??

Thanks in advance

John

This is happening all the time! try member on the Corolla Forum called 'Parts King' he might be able to help.

For some reason UK TOYOTA DEALERS just don't seem to accept TTE parts despite them having full European approval.

As a side note this same state of affiars happened a few years back with TRD items.

I am in desperate need of a strut brace for my 1.6 VVT-i 5dr E12.

The story so far is ...

I looked on TTE website and emailed them who sent me to the dealer (which was the advice previously given to me by CKMAN85 - which helped but had the same outcome) the dealer said nope that part number does not exist!! I gave them both these numbers 48690-YW601 (RHD) and this one TD460-19917-00 (again RHD).

So i emailed TTE.de and asked them how i would get hold of one - the response was as follows:

"The top strut brace should be available at UK dealers as a spare part from Corolla T-Sport Compressor, genuine part no is 48690-YW601.Please contact your local dealer for delivery and quotation."

So i emailed numerous dealerships in the Southwest of England with no success saying that part does not exist!!

Can ANYONE help me out??

Thanks in advance

John

get the TRD one from Fensport - looks miles better.

As a side note this same state of affiars happened a few years back with TRD items.

Whats the difference between TRD and TTE then??

Will that one fit my 1.6 T3 then?? Any website link? Also what parts do i need to fit it? Nut's bolts etc??

Fensport

I would have thought everything you need to fit it will be included.

They're a helpful bunch at Fensport so if you're unsure drop them an email

:thumbsup:

Will that one fit my 1.6 T3 then?? Any website link? Also what parts do i need to fit it? Nut's bolts etc??

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

no other parts required - just undo top mount nuts, fit brace and refit nuts. do you have a facelift or original? if you have original you'll have to change the abs pipe to a facelift one ir bend it out the way. i wouldnt recommend the latter but peeps have done it with no problem.

no other parts required - just undo top mount nuts, fit brace and refit nuts. do you have a facelift or original? if you have original you'll have to change the abs pipe to a facelift one ir bend it out the way. i wouldnt recommend the latter but peeps have done it with no problem.

Mine's prefacelift how expensive and easy is it replace the abs pipe? my top mount nuts are a little rusty - you know where i can part numbers to change them for some nice shiny ones? and lastly how do i fit the brace i.e. do i need to take the car off the ground to allow the brace to be fitted tightly. I'm still a newbie to all this

Mine's prefacelift how expensive and easy is it replace the abs pipe? my top mount nuts are a little rusty - you know where i can part numbers to change them for some nice shiny ones? and lastly how do i fit the brace i.e. do i need to take the car off the ground to allow the brace to be fitted tightly. I'm still a newbie to all this

pipe aint expensive and if you arent confident to change yourself a decent garage would only charge a modest fee. no need to jack the car up - just undo the mount nuts, slip the brace on and tighten. wire brush attachment on a drill will bring the nuts back up.

is this a pic of a pre facelift WIHTOUT removn,. or bending the abs pipe/

http://www.invoauto.co.uk/images/Products/...-VVTI-4-LRG.gif

or is that bent? i just wrnt outside to compare but couldnt see much difference

that pipe has been bent up out of the way - compared it with the pics of mine before i changed the pipe

Lads,

As Lonepilgrim has a non T-Sport, i thought they weren't affected by the brake pipe that sits in the way for us.

The TTE bar is a nice shiny piece of metal but it was well over priced, i would buy a cheaper one if i were you.

If you really want a TTE part use this number - 48690YW501 if TD460-19917-00 RHD Strutbrace wont work.

When i bought mine the dealer system shows the parts as a "suspension bar", if your local dealers cant be bothered to investigate they will simply say that the part doesnt exist. As with most TTE parts some dealers have no interest/knowledge so you have to stand in front of them and force them to order it for you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links