Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A'pexi Power Intake

Norfolk n Chance

FFS!! rang my insurer to tell them iv changed jobs and that i was thinking about putting the apexi on. First question he asked is an induction kit like a body kit??? eh...NO! its a filter where the air comes in. then i find out there is a fee for changing my details. £26! and another £26 if i add the induction kit plus an increase of £58 to my policy once I have the car tested my an engineer. Which means forking out for a rolling road and cert fee from "engineer".

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! insurances companies = :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey:

:censor:

FFS!! rang my insurer to tell them iv changed jobs and that i was thinking about putting the apexi on. First question he asked is an induction kit like a body kit??? eh...NO! its a filter where the air comes in. then i find out there is a fee for changing my details. £26! and another £26 if i add the induction kit plus an increase of £58 to my policy once I have the car tested my an engineer. Which means forking out for a rolling road and cert fee from "engineer".

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! insurances companies = :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey: :arrgg-matey:

:censor:

I successfully argued that the A'PEXi is simply a performance air filter not an induction kit and that it does not give an increase in power.

I backed that up by stating that no website advertising it for the CTS states that there is a gain unlike the K&N Typhoon that does state a gain.

I told them that it simply replaces the standard air box and connects to the original pipework unlike an induction kit which replaces the original pipework too.

Outcome...... added as a mod with no increase in price! :D

Took a few phone calls before an underwriter agreed that it would not increase performance.

Just try again, no two underwriters are the same! :lol:

And i will get a video of the kit up this time! :lol:

by the way i had one more final question for you ppl.

does the fact that you lot have the tsport version of the corolla make a difference in the sound that the power intakes and exhausts make?

cos i know sport versions always have that extra grunt in the engine note...

I suppose it does.

Although my friend at work has a 1.6 T-Spirit and took his induction kit off because he said it was too loud. ;)

I suppose it does.

Although my friend at work has a 1.6 T-Spirit and took his induction kit off because he said it was too loud. ;)

wow really? so im guessing the apexi should be just fine for me then. i like loud! i like heads turning lol :lol:

with a tte backbox added soon, its going to be awesome!

hey tsport you know your front splitter, is that the one from the TTE website? i have been looking for a splitter and it seems the only available is that one....so isit the same one?

thanks in advance

That's standard on the CTS.

However Item 280262409226 on eBay might be worth a look!

:thumbsup:

That's standard on the CTS.

However Item 280262409226 on eBay might be worth a look!

:thumbsup:

hmm i actually like the stock bumper with my one. its similar to the sport one but without the bottom grill. i jus wanted the splitters i have seen them floating around on various sites but but they look very different cos they are shown on the pre-facelift models and im not sure if they are the same ones im after.

anyway thanks for the help. i know i have been asking million questions and you guys have been great help :thumbsup:

Perfect! :thumbsup:

No warning lights and there's been a slight increase in mpg, only 1 or 2 and only when i'm not flooring it for the noise!! :lol:

Recent trip to JAE returned a nice average of 41mpg!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links