Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping Gt4 For T-sport

gt4WRC

well i love my GT4 to bits, had it over a year and loved every minute, with the dump valve noise and hearing the turbo spooling up, but its time for a change, and with the reliability of toyota im going to buy the t-sport 7th generation celica.

A fitting replacement i think.

So question is, any idea what the gt4 is worth?

1994 GT4

Genuine WRC (bonnet spoiler, engine code etc.)

98,000 miles

Japanese import, 255bhp

HKS BOV

HKS Air Intake

HKS Turbo Timer

TRD Front Shocks/Springs

Brand New Mongoose Stainless Steel Exhaust, Cat-Back

Oil Change and service every 6,000 miles

6 months tax, 12 months MOT

(plus new fig8 and front lower control arms to be fitted in next couple of weeks)

engine2.jpg

glennevis-1.jpg

dont do it! nothing will compare. so many sell their 4 for somthing else and then sell that and get another

dont do it! nothing will compare. so many sell their 4 for somthing else and then sell that and get another

i admire your loyalty to the GT4 Dawesy, :P but i think for myself its a case of been there, done that. i know thats not the best way of describing it, but im just happy that i have been able to own one of these iconic cars over the last year and a half!! which is good enough for me ;)

but ve always fancied a t-sport, it was on the agenda before i bought the gt4, so im going to pursue one of those.

Do the t-sport guys recommend them??

Great cars imo, excellent handling especially if you lower them with TTE or Eibach springs & some decent shocks.

Downside is you have to thrash the nuts off them to keep the engine in 'lift' + they're already highly turned so to

get any more power costs buckets. They are a quick car for what they are but nowhere near in the same league

power wise as your GT4.

Great cars imo, excellent handling especially if you lower them with TTE or Eibach springs & some decent shocks.

Downside is you have to thrash the nuts off them to keep the engine in 'lift' + they're already highly turned so to

get any more power costs buckets. They are a quick car for what they are but nowhere near in the same league

power wise as your GT4.

Thats true, i heard you have to keep the revs screaming for the true performance.

Your right Halek, I think its fatal if you ever get a new car that is not as powerful as the GT4 and then try and compare the two!! You wont be satisfied. I guess i will have done the swap back-to-front :D With 260bhp at your disposal then down to 190bhp, but its a car ive liked since there release and i would be happy with the power it provides, after all only toyota can get 190bhp from an 1800cc!!

Honda civic jordan = 1600cc 160bhp

Renault clio sport = 2000cc 172/182/197bhp

Honda civic type r = 2000cc 198bhp

(Forget the integra type r as this disproves my theory) haha :P

Whats the t-sport bhp per ton?

after all only toyota can get 190bhp from an 1800cc!!

Don't forget that the S2000 gets 123.5bhp per litre ;)

and because you have to rev the nuts off them they arnt that much more economical than the four

i've got a corolla T-Sport and i definately want to get back behind the wheel of another GT-Four soon, they are good cars however they don't match the GT4 in any way, only 2WD and not much torque i think you'll find it hard to get used too, take one a test drive first before you sell up and see if you like it

I cant say what your about to do is for the best!! I love my GT but its just not all that, it does go when redlined but there is often not enough room to reach those revs, unless you keep it on the edge. What Im trying to say is that its not really 'usable' power. Im thinking of getting a GT4 as I have always wanted one, thing is I need to sell my 202 to justify getting one.

I cant say what your about to do is for the best!! I love my GT but its just not all that, it does go when redlined but there is often not enough room to reach those revs, unless you keep it on the edge. What Im trying to say is that its not really 'usable' power. Im thinking of getting a GT4 as I have always wanted one, thing is I need to sell my 202 to justify getting one.

i know what you mean about power difference, and ill definately miss that, especially those A-road journeys where 3rd year acceleration keeps you pinned to the seat, 4wd keeps you pinned to the road, which contributes to you overtaking in a safe controlled manner!!! :P

At the end of the day i can always buy another when/if i cant live without it....

If you wanna try something different, why not try a twin turbo supra. Like all here the GT4 is a truely awsome car, and will always go down in history as being such. The supra is a different drive though.

would love a supra, but running costs would be out of my price range just now stu.

Been looking on autotrader and seems my car is worth about £3000 that seem right to you guys or a bit much?

I love my ST202 so im sure I would love a 4!! Its not the performance factor I just prefer the overall look, the front is so much nicer than the GT, however the rear spoiler is not to my taste even though I would leave it on if it was standard. My GT has been family owned since new so I really am torn, but if I could find a nice black or white GT4 in similar condition then I would find it hard not to go for it.

Plus I have just been told I may be able to swap my Company car(gen 7 GT) for a car allowance which will mean I may get to keep both and be quids in! lol

• 3 weeks later...
I love my ST202 so im sure I would love a 4!! Its not the performance factor I just prefer the overall look, the front is so much nicer than the GT, however the rear spoiler is not to my taste even though I would leave it on if it was standard. My GT has been family owned since new so I really am torn, but if I could find a nice black or white GT4 in similar condition then I would find it hard not to go for it.

Plus I have just been told I may be able to swap my Company car(gen 7 GT) for a car allowance which will mean I may get to keep both and be quids in! lol

Alright mate

I've got a white GT4 ST205 for sale, its a WRC version, I've kept everything standard And its kicking out 260bhp

E-mail me at acidmofunk@hotmail.co.uk for detail & pictures

nice one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links