Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Abs Vsc Trc On 05 Avensis

theofanis

Is anybody aware of the fact that when both stoplights are not working (because of burned bulbs) then neither ABS, VSC or TRC is working?

I noticed that ABS TRC and VSC indications went on and took my car to service. I hadn't noticed that both left and right stoplights weren't functioning. They changed the bulbs of the stoplights. ABS VSC TRC back on!

Is this normal? And what is the point of this association?

looking forward to your comments

I have just had the same problem on my 2.0 vvt-i 55plate Tourer.

I went to use the cruise control the other day and although the light on the dash lit up, it did not work. Then I realised that my ABS/VSC/TC lights were all still on. I know for sure I have one break light out at the rear - is this the likely cause? How easy is it to remedy (I originally thought it might have been a fuse but was toying with the idea of getting Mr T to plug in the diagnostics but if I can avoid the £££, that would be a great help).

Regards

Dan

Is this normal? And what is the point of this association?
I suppose it depends on how things are wired up. For the ABS and traction control to work they have to know which pedals are being pressed as well as getting information from various sensors. When the brake pedal is pressed it activates a switch that turns on the brake lights. If the brake lights do not come on maybe the ABS/traction systems cannot differentiate if the fault is with the brake lights or the activation switch. If the activation switch is faulty the system doesn't know if the brake pedal is being pressed. Just a theory, could be completely wrong :nerd:

Took mine into the dealer today to have both of the rear break lights replaces and voila, the VSC/TC/ABS and Cruise Control are all back to normal. I did nearly fall of the seat when they told me it would be 1 hours labour to replace them (@£90/hr) although the total bill was nearer £25 in the end (not sure if it was quicker or they just took pity on me).

Took mine into the dealer today to have both of the rear break lights replaces and voila, the VSC/TC/ABS and Cruise Control are all back to normal. I did nearly fall of the seat when they told me it would be 1 hours labour to replace them (@£90/hr) although the total bill was nearer £25 in the end (not sure if it was quicker or they just took pity on me).

On the contrary I have no complains regarding the service and everything. It took sometime to find a mechanic to replace the bulbs but they just charged me for 80 cents (just for the spare bulbs). Considering that I was away from home and I wasn't at the dealer who actually made money from my car, that was really good service. My only concern still is that it doesn't sound reliable for a car to have such implications only beacause of two light bulbs. Could it be made on purpose so you notice that there's something wrong and go to service?

Avensis ABS systems are usually wired through the stop light bulb and circuits, if when the bulbs are replaced the light does not extinguish either the light needs to be cancelled out using toyota's tester or there is a possible fault with the your ABS/Traction control system (NOTE: the traction control works throug the ABS system they are the same)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links