Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport. Toms Strut Brace

whitt

jst had a look on eBay at some strut braces and came across a toms strut brace from prolex uk? anyone got one of these fitted the there t sport. or anyone heard of them before? how do u rate them?

jst had a look on ebay at some strut braces and came across a toms strut brace from prolex uk? anyone got one of these fitted the there t sport. or anyone heard of them before? how do u rate them?

There's one on eBay now, not sure what make it is but it shows a picture without having to bend the brake pipe (which is what you have to do with the TTE one and others) its only £21 at the mo. :thumbsup:

its the design that enables it to be used with the annoying ABS pipe there.

there are others available too, theres one at INVOAUTO, one the same design as above and one different (summit racing). they might be worth a look.

there are a C-One and Toms also cusco from Nengun.com

its the design that enables it to be used with the annoying ABS pipe there.

there are others available too, theres one at INVOAUTO, one the same design as above and one different (summit racing). they might be worth a look.

there are a C-One and Toms also cusco from Nengun.com

I have the Cusco brace fitted (bought it from eBay australia) and that requires the ABS pipe to be bent a little.

how much is a "little"? like moving it a cm or so?

did you notice any difference in handling after it? was it worth the price?

qu's!

qu's!

Yeah I'd say from memory it was probably between 5 and 10mm that it needed moving by, so I just leant on it a little at a time until it was low enough. I think I ended up paying about £105 inc delivery for it from Oz and was definitely happy with what it achieved. The front had definitely tightened up after fitting it, but it then highlighted how sloppy the rear is, although I have yet to correct that.

hmm cool, im torn betwee the Toms, Summit racing and the easy fit tbh.

i like the idea of a Toms, but it'll probably be most expensive/longest to ship/

qu's!

Yeah I'd say from memory it was probably between 5 and 10mm that it needed moving by, so I just leant on it a little at a time until it was low enough. I think I ended up paying about £105 inc delivery for it from Oz and was definitely happy with what it achieved. The front had definitely tightened up after fitting it, but it then highlighted how sloppy the rear is, although I have yet to correct that.

I agree with all of the above including how sloppy the back end is :lol:

The TTE one i have was silly money and still needed the pipe moving/bending :angry:

If your after one for the rear I cant recommend the TRD one from Fensport enough £100, just the fitting of any of the rear ones are gonna be ackward but we had it done in about an hour or two.

I got a Tom's front strut bar i chose to change the brake pipe for a later spec one than bending it. unless strut bar in stock i would buy from companies like Nengun.com u be surpirsed how delivery from these companies are quicker / less hassle than some uk companies.

If your after one for the rear I cant recommend the TRD one from Fensport enough £100, just the fitting of any of the rear ones are gonna be ackward but we had it done in about an hour or two.

So it fits then since yours a 3dr ? just making sure as i ordered a c-one rear strut bar now & japan didnt sell the 3dr which i have & it doesnt mount on top of the suspension struts like alot of cars here a pic of one how its fitted

l_97fb2129fd810cf9e5e6db2832bdf643.jpg

I got a Tom's front strut bar i chose to change the brake pipe for a later spec one than bending it. unless strut bar in stock i would buy from companies like Nengun.com u be surpirsed how delivery from these companies are quicker / less hassle than some uk companies.

So it fits then since yours a 3dr ? just making sure as i ordered a c-one rear strut bar now & japan didnt sell the 3dr which i have & it doesnt mount on top of the suspension struts like alot of cars here a pic of one how its fitted

l_97fb2129fd810cf9e5e6db2832bdf643.jpg

just looked again at the TRD one - that looks the same, not fitting to the strut mounts? cant see most of us getting benefit from that without seriously uprating the suspension? maybe someone will correct me who has one already fitted?

Dale - having trouble with that file, seems i need to purchase a RAR file reader? dont want to pay - thats me Jock side!

cool thanks for all the replies. my view tho is ya get what ya pay for thats why i was opting for the toms one as it looks alot better quality than the other ones iv seen on eBay and places? the c one looks nice on nergun but prices n shipping etc. plus its all in yen lol.

Yeah mines a 3 door mate, Mounts to the same place as that one in the pic. But TRD dont give very good instructions on how to fit it lol. But some measuring later it all went well. It made a huge difference to mine with the coilovers and brace in the rear is alot tighter now very very good handling car now after a few mods. Coilovers and that brace is all you need.

I really must get my rear brace fitted - Note to self, get it sorted you lazy :censor: :lol:

Mike,

PM Sent

I really must get my rear brace fitted - Note to self, get it sorted you lazy :censor: :lol:

Mike,

PM Sent

recieved - top man.

i'm expecting pics of yours this w/end you lazy......................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links