Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whining Sound

marty32

my celica has developed a very high pitched whining sound, thought this was just road noise but this just doesnt sound right

can anybody shed some light on this im thinking down the lines it may be a wheel bearing on its way out

any thoughts would be welcomed

does it do it all the time? could be wheel bearing hard to say without hearing it my self. could be brake pads low as they have a strip of metal that will squeal when pads get low

tends to be noticeable and more constant, when im on dual carriageway doin faster speeds, quite a high pitched noise comes more from the back of the car, on the off sidei think is were the problem lies

dont think is pads i think i know the type of squeal noise you mean though will certainly take a look at the pads tommorrow, the front discs and pads were replaced at last service before i took delivery

the noise is hard to describe, went and checked the pads on the back they are fine plenty of miles left in them, discs are ok!

mr t is going to take a look

thought id make use of fact i got the extended warranty

mr t is going to take a look

thought id make use of fact i got the extended warranty

From what you're saying its most likely rear wheel bearings, the gen 7 Celicas eat them... Has yous got 16" or 17" wheels? Ive seen a good few with 17" wheels to need rear wheel bearings, not so common on ones with 16" wheels... They're pretty saucy too because you can't buy the bearing seperate, you have to buy the complete hub assembly, so it's probably best to be sitting down when they tell you the price....... :o

had car looked at this morning the bearings are fine, they say its road noise off the back tyres which in fairness are crappy radials that were on the car when i bought it.

next course of action is to buy some decent ones for the back when funds allow of course

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links