Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Bumper Removal

Jardi

Does anyone have a work instruction or know where I could find a description of how to remove the rear bumper from A 2005, Avensis hatchback?

Visit the Toyota tech-docs site and search for information on how to install Toyota's rear parking radars. The information you are looking for is in this type of "installation manuals".

Frape

Enjoy

Does anyone have a work instruction or know where I could find a description of how to remove the rear bumper from A 2005, Avensis hatchback?

I've just tried to remove my rear bumper using the tech-doc, the diagrams are straight forward but unfortunately I couldn't yank the bumper off. The diagram shows 2 more clips on the bumper but I can't locate them. I'm sure they're not there. My Avensis is an 07 so I'm not sure if this makes a difference with the diagram. Anyway, just seeing if you've had a go yet and whether I missed something. Anybody else out there have any tips in pulling the bumper off? Thanks guys.

avensis bumpers are held on with plastic retainers (1 on each side - just pulls out) and 4 studs along the top of the bumper which have 10mm nuts which you undo from the inside. 2 are behind the middle plastic cover inside the boot and the other 2 are behind the side panels in the boot.

The bumper will need a good pull to take it off (best having 1 person either side)

Mart.

avensis bumpers are held on with plastic retainers (1 on each side - just pulls out) and 4 studs along the top of the bumper which have 10mm nuts which you undo from the inside. 2 are behind the middle plastic cover inside the boot and the other 2 are behind the side panels in the boot.

The bumper will need a good pull to take it off (best having 1 person either side)

Mart.

You forgot there are also 2 bolts at each side/end of the bumper at the wheel arch ends. Two of us were pulling. I've never removed a bumper before so are there any special techniques in pulling it or is it just a matter of brute force? I don't know if I'm pulling hard enough because I'm worried we'll break it lol.

Mart.

You forgot there are also 2 bolts at each side/end of the bumper at the wheel arch ends. Two of us were pulling. I've never removed a bumper before so are there any special techniques in pulling it or is it just a matter of brute force? I don't know if I'm pulling hard enough because I'm worried we'll break it lol.

I dont use anything special to remove them. Have you unclipped the sides first?

I unclip the sides, grab hold of the leading edge and just pull back - it will be quite tight but you wont break anything as long as all fixings are undone/removed.

Mart.

Mart.

I unclip the sides, grab hold of the leading edge and just pull back - it will be quite tight but you wont break anything as long as all fixings are undone/removed.

Mart.

Hi Mart,

Thanks for the tip it came off fairly easily after. Only 2 of the 'eyes' at each end cracked at the effort but doesn't really affect the bumper when fitted back. Besides, these plastic bits that clip on always seem to break off in my experience lol. I've now just finished installing a Taurus T123p parking aid. This is the one that doesn't need the holes drilled on the bumper as it's an electromagnetic system so its just a strip taped at the back of the bumper. We'll see how it works out in the long run but the initial result is very good. Thanks again for the help.

Jezza

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Read your thread whilst try to find info on Toyota Verso rear bumper removal...

The 4 bolts inside that have to come off - how the XXX do you get them off. They are 12 or 13mm square so normal socket is not good. They are in tight, and inaccessible...

Is there a special tool, or is the Avensis easier than this....

Mart.

Mart.

Hi Mart,

Thanks for the tip it came off fairly easily after. Only 2 of the 'eyes' at each end cracked at the effort but doesn't really affect the bumper when fitted back. Besides, these plastic bits that clip on always seem to break off in my experience lol. I've now just finished installing a Taurus T123p parking aid. This is the one that doesn't need the holes drilled on the bumper as it's an electromagnetic system so its just a strip taped at the back of the bumper. We'll see how it works out in the long run but the initial result is very good. Thanks again for the help.

Jezza

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links