Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stolen Exhaust System

colf

has anyone else had this happen?

returning to my car after a very pleasant couple of hours in a restaurant, on starting the engine, the exhaust was obviously blowing as if it had broken. after a very noisy journey home i checked to see what was wrong and discovered that the entire centre section had been cut out and stolen!

At first i thought that it had been stolen to take the catalytic converter but i later realised that the cat is on the exhaust manifold. did someone steal the exhaust centre section to order (which seems unlikely as the exhaust is 5/6 years old) or did some idiot thief think that the centre section silencer was the cat?

Does anyone have any ideas and any suggestions on how to avoid this in future?

colf

has anyone else had this happen?

returning to my car after a very pleasant couple of hours in a restaurant, on starting the engine, the exhaust was obviously blowing as if it had broken. after a very noisy journey home i checked to see what was wrong and discovered that the entire centre section had been cut out and stolen!

At first i thought that it had been stolen to take the catalytic converter but i later realised that the cat is on the exhaust manifold. did someone steal the exhaust centre section to order (which seems unlikely as the exhaust is 5/6 years old) or did some idiot thief think that the centre section silencer was the cat?

Does anyone have any ideas and any suggestions on how to avoid this in future?

colf

I think you are right on the idiot thief theory :rolleyes:

I heard a while ago on the radio that loads of cars are getting their exhausts ripped out for the platinum.

Probably watched this on youtube!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

The cat converter is worth quite a few bob - a local scrap metal merchant has hundreds of these stolen from their yard a few weeks ago!!! Thieves are not too clever and expect the cat to be in the centre section.

Thankfully, I don't have a cat fitted and only a rear box - all in stainless, but neverthe less, scrap steel is going for £150+ a ton. Cat converters considerably more.

No sign yet of people stealing mattresses but don't be caught out sleeping on it!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Blimey - some people will nick anything - whatever next?

Hoovie, if your lovely new TTE twin pipes go missing after I have been over to the UK....... :sneaky2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links