Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutches And Warranty

ae102

when you get a part changed under warranty how long is the part garunteed for?

my extended warranty expired last month and I couldnt justify the £400 - the only problem is my clutch is starting to deteriorate slighlty on the 2zz. i know its the third cluth in 40k and everytime its been replaced with yet another modified part. this one has been better and lasted longer than the others but still not up to standard.

if i dont have a claim i will do it myself - what clutch do peeps recommend?

Sounds like an ongoing issue to me so I'd push them to repair under manufacturers warranty.

If it's been replaced several times before it sounds like an unresolved issue to me so you should be able to push them to do the job again

Sounds like an ongoing issue to me so I'd push them to repair under manufacturers warranty.

If it's been replaced several times before it sounds like an unresolved issue to me so you should be able to push them to do the job again

trouble is car is just out of extended warranty otherwise it wouldnt be a problem. just cant remember how long they garuntee warranty repairs? got a feeling its only 12 months - although it should be 3 years as they have replaced a defective part.

THREE clutches in 40,000mile ! Three Clutches in FFooooorty Thousand mile ! - stone me thats going some (and NO i realise it's NOT your fault)

I have not ever heard of that many going in such a short period of time - and that includes cars such as Porsche 911 (including early 1970's RS and RSR versions), Varied supercharged Lancia Beta 'Volume 'X's, Ford Cosworths, Subaru Imprezza WRX's (even with Prodrive or STi enhancements), Mitsubushi Evolutions, Nissan/Datsun Skylines and umpteen 30's style V8 Hot Rods (Ford duce coupe etc.).

To me it sounds like the Flywheel is kaput as well and they haven't changed it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links