Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Value Toyota !

flexy7

"The Best Value Used Toyota."  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the CAMRY "The Best Value Used Toyota?"

• YES (Add why you think so)
    • NO (PLEASE GIVE YOUR CHOICE)

sorry flexy i think you're the only person who voted yes!!

:wacko: Well I'm scratching my head

Careful Flexy.....................you will get splinters :P ;) :lol:

I think there's a good chance you might be right on this one Flexy.

I've just had a look on a few sites and I'm quite impressed by how much Camry you can buy for your money.

I imagine they're pretty much bullet proof, so I'm not sure why they don't hold their value better.

I guess it depends what people want from a car. I'm currently looking for something that will eat up motorways, and which preferably is an X plate so I don't have to pay the chancellor's ridiculous new tax.

I'm thinking of going for an LPG conversion so I want something that's reasonably powerful in order to compensate for the lower power of LPG, and it has to have plenty of life left in it, or else the conversion money's down the drain.

A Camry might be just what I'm looking for. Was considering perhaps a Lexus GS or else perhaps a Volvo, but I'd rather have another Toyota if possible.

Has anyone got any better suggestions?

Has anyone got any better suggestions?

LS400

If it's just economy your after the Camry and GS offer the same real world economy as an LS. My dad's LS400 can outdo my Camry on long run's although round town it is a bit less.

As for the X reg debate, one thing to consider, if you found a perfect car at the right price don't get to worked up over the extra tax, I don't like the idea of paying an extra £200 a year either, but at the end of the day, if you saw a car for £2000 you liked but there was an even better one at the same price but it was a 51 reg, another £200 isn't really going to break the bank when you consider you'll probably be paying £2000 a year or more in fuel, and insurance to start with.

As for the LPG, make sure you work out carefully whether you will be better off, its one thing saying you can break even, but its only really worth it if you are going to be better off, especially as the government has only guaranteed the tax breaks on it for another couple of years.

In the UK at least, the Japanese Exec cars free-fall in value don't they? The Nissan QX and Maxima and Honda Legend are in the same boat as the Camry, I think.

The Lexus is maybe the only Jap Exec that has managed to avoid that, but the Lexus is not a whole lot better compared to BMW and Mercs. (Badge obsession!!)

Reckon if you want a bullet-proof mile-muncher, then the Legend, Maxima and Camry will all make great 2nd value buys. Best looker of those three is probably the Camry.

The thing I have against these kind of cars (10 year old Jap exec's) is that they are great cars when they are running - and they generally Do keep on running, BUT if something goes wrong, they can easily be a write-off due to the value of the car v the cost of repairs.

The more complex the car, the mor expensive it is to fix. It is a balancing act, isn't it? Depreciation on a newer similar motor means that if nothing went wrong with your 10 year Camry in a year, you could throw it away and still have spent less money.

Horses for Courses :D

Only been in a Camry once - brand new US one a year ago - one of my colleagues pride and joy and it was nice enough (and probably half the price of a UK one!)

It's used every day,& it's been 100% reliable (Everything works as it should),DIY servicing pretty much the same as other models,(& dead easy)

The value of scrap metal at the moment , any old car seems to be worth £200 at least, and a bigger car like a Camry - if you did end up with a car beyond economic repair - may even be worth £250-£300, so a year of Camry motoring would cost just £750 in depreciation max :eek:

You could not bother with a service ever at that price (although that would not be nice :nono: )

My RAV4 is costing me about £2k a year deprciation I think :crybaby:

God - am I talking my way into a Camry? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah - not yet :naughty: Don't do the right kind of motoring for a Camry-style vehicle

Best Value Toyota is subjective.

E.G. If you need a vehicle with off road capabilities then you wouldn't choose a Camry. Your best value Toyota is likely to be a RAV4, Landcruiser etc

Likewise you need to look at the cost of servicing, parts etc etc just because you get a car with a lot of "luxury" toys quite cheap doesn't make it the best value ;)

Those are the reasons i voted no.

:thumbsup:

Best value is based on what you want at that time and your budget. Be it your main car or a second car, all based on value to you and what you want it for.

Most 8/9 or 10 year old Camrys go for around the £1,000 mark (Some for less!) Many of them cost somewhere between £20 & £30K new !

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's a good chance you might be right on this one Flexy.

I've just had a look on a few sites and I'm quite impressed by how much Camry you can buy for your money.

I imagine they're pretty much bullet proof, so I'm not sure why they don't hold their value better.

Valid points! So why no more Yes votes than I've got?

:bangin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links