Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

Chris Dance

Today I received the renewal for my Prius T Spirit insurance. It was over £300.

I rang around and got the same cover for £79 less. That is a big saving and it is with a well known company. It pays to shop around.

My son also owns a Prius T Spirit his renewal was last May. He had a cover note sent to him by the insurance company for the year May 2008 to May 2009.

This week he wanted to check he was insured for driving in Europe but was told by the insurers he was never insured with them. In fact as far as they were concerned he had been driving without any cover at all. It all turns out it was a clerical error on behalf of the insurers as they never took the money from his card. He has been given apologies over the phone and is getting further apologies in writing. Proof was found he had given his card details for the money to be debited but the insurance clerk never carried out the action.

I think he should have checked the money had actually been debited from his card but when you are a busy business man these things can be missed. The company concerned is most reputable.

I thought this may help others with insurance etc. Do not trust insurers to get things right always check.

Regards Chris.

Shopping around can save a lot of money. My wife has a 2007 T-Spirit and got a quote from 'More Than' at £328.... she then went to 'Swift' and got the same cover for £209 :yahoo:

I'll probably be looking around in December for my Land Cruiser insurance to see if I can save a similar amount :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links