Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Lovely Clean(ish) Engine...

mollycorolla

well ive spent all afternoon cleaning my engine and painting it. just wanna know what ya think of it so far and anything else i could do??? dont forget now shes a 10 year old car and bound to be a bit grubby.

BEFORE

ST830234.jpg

AFTER

ST830233.jpg

how much ya gonna pay??? you gonna pay for the flight and accomodation too???

well ive spent all afternoon cleaning my engine and painting it. just wanna know what ya think of it so far and anything else i could do??? dont forget now shes a 10 year old car and bound to be a bit grubby.

BEFORE

ST830234.jpg

AFTER

ST830233.jpg

Wow.................you have certainly been busy........................good job Molly B) :thumbsup:

Been painting the cam cover and manifold as well.................impressed :yes:

(Better than sitting inside posting on the forum) ;) :lol:

Looks gd, has the car been resprayed blue/purple & not engine bay ? engine bay seem to have lot of room, newer cars dont have much room like the later corolla's, mazda3, new honda civic's

There are so many comments i could make now about "payment" and "accomodation" but none are suitable for this forum! :shutit:

:lol:

yea i have been busy. i used one of my old make up brushes to go between the word toyota!! lol. and yea got it sprayed purple and was originally faded red!!! thank for the comments lads!!! and norfolk, behave yourself!!

How about some silicone cleaner on the hoses.... it makes such a difference :yes:

where'll i get that. i used metal cleaner on the other stuff but didnt know what to use on the pipes and crap.

i got it from Halfords, high temp engine paint. black matt finish. i used a primer my dad had cause the paint refused to go on!

where'll i get that. i used metal cleaner on the other stuff but didnt know what to use on the pipes and crap.

I can't offer a solution to where to buy it but an alternative is a decent quality dashboard cleaner

I can't offer a solution to where to buy it but an alternative is a decent quality dashboard cleaner

Available from all good car accessory shops.......................and some bad ones ;)

and norfolk, behave yourself!!

Apologies :(

now you're definately not allowed to stay if ya ever come to an irish meet!

Wanna do mine?? :lol:

20082008076.jpg

There are so many comments i could make now about "payment" and "accomodation" but none are suitable for this forum! :!Removed!:

HAHAHAH I was gonna suggest a group buy there to spread the costs, but after Norfolk n Chance's last comment I feel it would be entirely unsuitable to a family friendly forum. :D :D

On topic however, and good work molly, I wish I had your tenacity when it came to cleaning my car. My engine bay is pretty filthy and I keep meaning to tidy it up when I wash my car next, but I keep putting off the actual washing of the car, so the engine bay doesn't stand much of a chance. :(

now you're definately not allowed to stay if ya ever come to an irish meet!

:crybaby:

Err, back on topic....

So when you seeing to my engine?? ;)

well it was really rewarding after spending the whole day doing it (and being laughed at by my family) and seeing the difference. cant wait til i can get at the bottom of it now. just afraid of knocking wires or isconnecting thigns i shouldnt :unsure:

Ignoring me now huh? :(

I'll clean my own engine then!! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links