Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twin Horns

local hero

Bought two Ring windtone horns yesterday+ followed AMs excellent tech tips, to fit them, only thing i am not sure of is my horns had 2 terminals so again AM

instructed use one to make an earth connection, does it matter which one? They are working so i guess i did it right, on a lighter note, I asked the wife to listen at the front of the car to make sure they were both working didn't realise she bent down to listen, i hit the horn wife leapt 3ft in the air + has since had a ringing in her ears, and this time i am not joking, she reckons they are def :lol: both working, but i am not sure, as i am having to converse with her in sign language :lol::lol:

Bought two Ring windtone horns yesterday+ followed AMs excellent tech tips, to fit them, only thing i am not sure of is my horns had 2 terminals so again AM

instructed use one to make an earth connection, does it matter which one? They are working so i guess i did it right, on a lighter note, I asked the wife to listen at the front of the car to make sure they were both working didn't realise she bent down to listen, i hit the horn wife leapt 3ft in the air + has since had a ringing in her ears, and this time i am not joking, she reckons they are def :lol: both working, but i am not sure, as i am having to converse with her in sign language :lol::lol:

Pardon?

sorry, but just had to laugh :laughing::laughing:

If you wire the wrong way round, they act as microphones and suck IN sounds instead of pumping it out ;)

Nah - don't think it matters at all :)

saw your post about the exhaust as well - looks like you are well down the pimping road (and there is NO U-Turn once you start :wacko: )

............................. (and there is NO U-Turn once you start :wacko: )

That's not pimping, that's making a stupid stretched limo !

In saying that though, I'd rather see a stretched RAV than the !Removed! ugly hummer things round here !

............................. (and there is NO U-Turn once you start :wacko: )

That's not pimping, that's making a stupid stretched limo !

In saying that though, I'd rather see a stretched RAV than the bloody ugly hummer things round here !

There you go Hoovie, your next pimp a stretched Rav :thumbsup:I Fancy a twin exhaust but the tte one is about £800, then there is a rear skirt as well, so got to find an alternative :yes:

Sorry, but..... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I Fancy a twin exhaust but the tte one is about £800, then there is a rear skirt as well, so got to find an alternative :yes:

You'll have to keep an eye on eBay, Stew. :)

Mine is the TTE one - Toyota p/n PZ439-X2710-00 (Remus p/n AM27993 I think)

Pic of said unit on floor of Pinewood Toyota

99b6_1.JPG

Described as "Rear Silencer left/right with one tail pipe 97x80mm" - the seller said the RRP was £450

I reckon you could take this pic to a exhaust company and they could make up an equivalent for not that much.

Sorry, but..... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
You will be glad to know wifes hearing is back to normal, I asked her for a cuppa before and she completely ignored me so obviously she's on the mend :rolleyes: anyhow she said to thank you for all the sympathy boys, and if anyones got a horn that needs testing :unsure: she is now an expert :thumbsup:

LH's new toy;

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

LH's new toy;

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

There are some stupid people around :rolleyes:

LH's new toy;
Whilst getting my horns from Maccess i noticed a Stebel horn £19+vat, looked impressive but weighed about 2lb, and fitting instructions looked a bit complicated, so i gave it a miss, one for you here Anchs or maybe Hoovie.. :lol:

http://www.trainhornkits.com/

• 2 months later...
Stew, which type did you buy ? Was it these from Halfrauds ? -

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165704

Yes Dave thats them, although mine had black trumpets where those are chrome, i actually bought them as 2 individual horns HI+low from Macces

they were about £6 each but are the same horns, you can use the original brackets, may have to bend them very slightly towards the engine so they clear the grill, sure i dont need to tell you, but you will need to add a short earth wire from the bracket bolt to either of the 2 terminals on the horns.. :thumbsup:

PS did you ever do your Armrest?

LH's new toy;
Whilst getting my horns from Maccess i noticed a Stebel horn £19+vat, looked impressive but weighed about 2lb, and fitting instructions looked a bit complicated, so i gave it a miss, one for you here Anchs or maybe Hoovie.. :lol:

http://www.trainhornkits.com/

I bought a set of those, but they didn't fit in the engine bay :(

so I fitted under the passenger seat instead :toot::blowup::death:

Stew, which type did you buy ? Was it these from Halfrauds ? -

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165704

Yes Dave thats them, although mine had black trumpets where those are chrome, i actually bought them as 2 individual horns HI+low from Macces

they were about £6 each but are the same horns, you can use the original brackets, may have to bend them very slightly towards the engine so they clear the grill, sure i dont need to tell you, but you will need to add a short earth wire from the bracket bolt to either of the 2 terminals on the horns.. :thumbsup:

PS did you ever do your Armrest?

Ok, thanks Stew :thumbsup: after being cut up by white van man on Saturday for the second time I decided it was time for

this mod. The existing Rav horn sounding a bit like Will Young kinda gets a bit embarrasing when your trying to look all tough

and angry :lol:

Re the armrest, after Hoovie kindly sending me the piece of leather I still have not got around to getting it done. Think I was

possibly a bit naive thinking errr indoors (who is very handy with sewing machine etc) could have done it. The leather is quite

thick and does not easily fold stretch or take on new shapes. Might have to look at something a bit thinner or get it done pro-

fessionally. :rolleyes:

That is an insane price :eek:

these contact adhesives are very strong and maybe with judicious use of water to damp the leather and a hairdryer to dry while pulling into position .....

you could also use a stanley blade to scarify the leather where it needs to be thinned to allow it to go round the corners

or ......

Test Drive a top-spec RAV4 and when you return it, point out your surprise that is has a cloth-covered centre armrest ;)

Ok, finally got round to doing this, what a difference. Went from Will Young to Lemmy from Motorhead :lol:

So thanks to Stew and Anchorman. :thumbsup:

Ok, finally got round to doing this, what a difference. Went from Will Young to Lemmy from Motorhead :lol:

So thanks to Stew and Anchorman. :thumbsup:

No Probs Dave, for less than £20 + an hours work well worth do'ing :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links