Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's My Carinae Worth ?

flexy7

Hello, My CarinaE sailed through it's MOT this morning & I was wondering on a good second-hand price to ask for it....................96(n) 2.0GLi Estate,98K.........Possibly £495 ?

:huh: Hello, My CarinaE sailed through its MOT this morning & I was wondering if any of you could advise me on a good second-hand price to ask fo it. It's got the usual niggling C/L issues so I've disabled the remote, but all the other electrics work as they should. It does have one or two other "minor" niggles but nothing major . It's a '96(N) CarinaE Estate (2.0 GLI Auto) with 98,000m .(But the engine really is as sweet as a nut :yes: ) gallery_44539_666_21805.jpgI was thinking possibly £495 , does this sound about right? :blink:

Flexy.... I think you may have under valued it very slightly. I looked at the Parkers website and although you cannot get a free valuation for a 'N' reg I feel your car may well be worth nearer £550 or £575 :unsure: Or to the right buyer a little higher :D

:huh: I'm tempted to give it away, it's been so dependable, don't know whether I could put up with a bunch of picky tyre kickers pulling it apart for £500, might just choose someone I like & make their day? :thumbsup:gallery_44539_666_19007.jpgPics taken on Monday.

Whatever you do with it you cannot (as a non paying member) advertise it on here :rolleyes:

I'm quite sure if you wapped it on flea bay you could ask for more than £495,

it looks in really good nick, clean engine etc. (but there again if your giving it away.............) :D

Good luck with finding a loving home for it. B)

My son would give it some serious TLC :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
:blink:Do I have to pay to give it away on TOC should I decide to ?

No.

Lots of items have been given away by non paying members on here, unless the Mod Police decide otherwise.

Thanks :thumbsup: Good to know, it's been such a good car (Apart from the damn remote C/L & alarm! Would be nice to pass it on to someone who appreciates Toyotas & isn't a total knob.(Not met one yet !) :yes:

gallery_44539_509_13832.jpg

Thanks :thumbsup: Good to know, it's been such a good car (Apart from the damn remote C/L & alarm! Would be nice to pass it on to someone who appreciates Toyotas & isn't a total knob.(Not met one yet !) :yes:

gallery_44539_509_13832.jpg

You may be shocked, but there is a dealer near where I live in Cornwall advertising an N reg estate for just under £2K... The car has done 80,000 miles. Having just bought a Starlet for my wife I may be tempted to sell my Carina since I work from home, so I am curious to know what it would be worth.

You may be shocked, but there is a dealer near where I live in Cornwall advertising an N reg estate for just under £2K... The car has done 80,000 miles. Having just bought a Starlet for my wife I may be tempted to sell my Carina since I work from home, so I am curious to know what it would be worth.

Flipping Eck ! I didn't pay that much for my CarinaE (From an independant dealer) 4 years ago with 70,000miles ! It's now done 98,000m & I thought it'd be worth around £500 but a few people have suggested I'm under valuing it but I don't really care because it's been such a good car it really doesn't owe me owt. (That's why I'm mulling over simply giving it away, make life easier & someone else happy.) Anyway getting back to your question, if you Carina is of similar vintage (N-Reg) or condition to mine (See pictures)or the one down cornwall then depending on mileage I'd suggest (Going off feedback)somewhere between £500-£1,000

Mine is a manual 1.8CDX hatch with 80,000 miles on the clock in pretty good condition but not perfect. I bought it 3 years ago privately when it had done 70,000 miles for £1150 so if I got anywhere near £1000 I suppose that would be great. Its had a couple of problems since I bought it but nothing expensive. We have a neighbour who has had 3 new Mondeos in the last 12 months under warranty replacements and I just scratch my head in wonder that people go out and spend £15K+ for cars that are breaking down every 5 minutes.

• 2 months later...
:yes:I'm tempted to give it away..................

WELL if you giving it away I got one I can use as spares :D so ill take it off ya hands and give you a pint

ha ha ha i wouldnt bother your bum posting in this thread or even giving him a pint!! he's been banned lol